Reef nutrition

What's the difference?

so I just purchased the Apex system. Do you recommend using the DOS or just monitor and adjust manually?
agree with @ofzakaria - Keep monitoring and as you get more and more demand depending on the types of corals you keep, you can upgrade as needed. Of note- To have DOS automate adjustments as needed like I do, you need a Trident. And to have Trident auto adjust, you need a DOS. It's their ecosystem.

You'll get to the point where you will want to automate dosing based on your consumption.... I like to DOS because it can allow you to breakup the doses into hundreds of micro doses per day. I dose 73ml of Alk daily, and DOS automates that into a breakdown of 163 doses

Thanks for that advice. I think I would rather do all that myself. I actually enjoy it and feel it builds my knowledge.
Do not get me wrong. Test automation is amazing. It changed my reefing big time when I added khg. All what I advised is when it come to dosing, you start slow so you understand your system demand. This way if something wrong went on you are more likely to notice it cause you know the baseline..

Do not get me wrong. Test automation is amazing. It changed my reefing big time when I added khg. All what I advised is when it come to dosing, you start slow so you understand your system demand. This way if something wrong went on you are more likely to notice it cause you know the baseline..
That makes total sense.. you pick up on potential issues faster especially in a new tank correct?

None of this is necessary to have a successful tank. However, it does ease the burden and help in getting you there faster and have an easier path to a successful tank.

Nothing wrong with starting slow (most recommend this) and getting to know your tank intimately before moving control over to something that can help you maintain the system.

Back