High Tide Aquatics

Where has all the members gone?

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2420.msg24681#msg24681 date=1190266555]
[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2420.msg24679#msg24679 date=1190260408]
If all the cool members make a comitment to only post here and not on RC then maybe the other members will be attrated to BAR forum instead of RC ... just a though.

Also if club event anouncement are only available here then members have to come here to get updated information. I think a combination of these things will get this forum rocking in no time.
[/quote]

Heheh... you've been listening in on the BOD discussions of the past 2 years :D

Some of us do try to post here mainly or even only. We do end up posting on RC/BAR if people are asking for reef advice. Also, if some BAR related commotion arises, there can be some posting as well.

We post all official club business on our own forum here. We'll usually post just a pointer url on RC so people can find it. Otherwise we'd get inundated with posts of "Not fair! I didn't know!".

[/quote]

You mean to tell me that all my fresh ideas are old ?? :D :D DARN !!!

Kinetic, ok I'll take your lead and start doing the same ... yes the last BAR only frag swap was very pleasant and intimate. I got to meet alot of nice people because there were enough time in between round to chit chat with people sitting around you.

Another idea is, how about we start some kind of contest on this board like a treasure hunt game or something like that. The BOD would hide things or messages around the BAR forum, and the members have to go around and collect those clues to come up with the right answer to a riddle. The price could be a bonus ticket at the next Bar frag swap or something like that. We need something that is fun for the members to participate

Eileen, are you happen to be a techie too ?? :D :D

Phong, the reason the photo contest doesn't work here probably because of the same reason, not enough supper cool posters like you. :D

Ok how about this format:

Each of the BOD member will host a section off the forum and post a reef riddle thread. The members will have to go to each section to solve a reef related riddle, once the riddle is solved, that person will receive a letter in his private message box. Once the member gets all of the letters, he/she will have to put those letters together to form a scientific name of a coral such montipora capricornis or something like that, he/she will then private message back to the BOD of his/her answer, if it is a match then he/she will get a prize. :D To make this even more fun, we can announce the contest winner/looser/weird answers ect at the next frag swap :D

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2420.msg24718#msg24718 date=1190323914]
We used to have a photo contest but we didn't have many playing :-[ ..

tuberider - FTS = Full Tank Shot ??

[/quote]I was joking around making a reference to you not having a tank, yet still hanging out with the cool people.

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2420.msg24714#msg24714 date=1190322499]
[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2420.msg24681#msg24681 date=1190266555]
[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2420.msg24679#msg24679 date=1190260408]
If all the cool members make a comitment to only post here and not on RC then maybe the other members will be attrated to BAR forum instead of RC ... just a though.

Also if club event anouncement are only available here then members have to come here to get updated information. I think a combination of these things will get this forum rocking in no time.
[/quote]

Heheh... you've been listening in on the BOD discussions of the past 2 years :D

Some of us do try to post here mainly or even only. We do end up posting on RC/BAR if people are asking for reef advice. Also, if some BAR related commotion arises, there can be some posting as well.

We post all official club business on our own forum here. We'll usually post just a pointer url on RC so people can find it. Otherwise we'd get inundated with posts of "Not fair! I didn't know!".

[/quote]

You mean to tell me that all my fresh ideas are old ?? :D :D DARN !!!

Kinetic, ok I'll take your lead and start doing the same ... yes the last BAR only frag swap was very pleasant and intimate. I got to meet alot of nice people because there were enough time in between round to chit chat with people sitting around you.

Another idea is, how about we start some kind of contest on this board like a treasure hunt game or something like that. The BOD would hide things or messages around the BAR forum, and the members have to go around and collect those clues to come up with the right answer to a riddle. The price could be a bonus ticket at the next Bar frag swap or something like that. We need something that is fun for the members to participate
[/quote]

I've hidden something on this site. Which ever current memeber finds it, I will give them a $100 GC to their favorite LFS.

That kind of thing? I'm down, and will sponsor something like that :D Great idea, and yes, one I haven't heard yet :D

Honestely it doesn't matter what the BOD thinks if I want to offer a $100 GF to any store local for the person that finds the thing I hide on this site :) I'm still working out the details myself, but I'll post the deal in a few days :)
If BAR BOD wants to follow suit thats fine be me, but I'm not waiting for you all to mull it over and vote in a month :D

Sorry if the BOD leadership doesn't act as quickly as some would like.

We take our work seriously and put large amounts of effort in applying group process and working as a team on club responsibilities.

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2420.msg24821#msg24821 date=1190439220]

We take our work seriously and put large amounts of effort in applying group process and working as a team on club responsibilities.
[/quote]
I know that sometimes we appear to move slowly.......................
But we're very old....................
And tired............................................
And Gresham kept our shared braincell out much too late.......................
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........................................................................

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2420.msg24821#msg24821 date=1190439220]

[/quote]

Sorry Jim, your joke can't stop what Norm just got rollin!

Norm, Dude, you must be forgetting I served twice prior to you being on the BAR BOD. I know all to well how the BOD works ;) Maybe it's different now, but from what I have seen that's not true!
(if you got to see my post in full, you'll see what I thought. I have removed my rant as it truly should have been a PM...sorry for airing my personal rants)

scavenger hunt- would be cool.Set it up with the sponsors where there would be certain items at their stores to look for.

Different concept. The idea behind what I'm thinking of is to drive more forum activity, not drive more members to LFS's they all ready visit :) That's a great idea though, just different then what I'm thinking and talking about :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2420.msg24828#msg24828 date=1190482989]Norm, Dude, you must be forgetting I served twice prior to you being on the BAR BOD.[/quote]

Haven't forgotten. Was even talking to someone about that recently.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2420.msg24828#msg24828 date=1190482989]I know all to well how the BOD works ;) Maybe it's different now, but from what I have seen that's not true![/quote]

Ok, fair enough. And that's why I apologized in advance :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2420.msg24828#msg24828 date=1190482989](if you got to see my post in full, you'll see what I thought. I have removed my rant as it truly should have been a PM...sorry for airing my personal rants)[/quote]

Hehe... I missed it. Must have been a good one :) No prob. Let me know sometime what you'd like changed!

At some tradeshows the have a treasure hunt. Participating vendors have a stamp. Each person wanting to get into the treasure hunt has a page to be stamped. They visit every participating vendor, get the stamp and then at some date TBA everyone turns them in. This enters them into some "grand prize" raffle.

This doesn't help the forum per say, but it does drive members to LFS sponsors to get the stamp. Sure, they may not spend much money there, but having a head in a store is like priming the tip jar :)

I'll donate the the raffle grand prize, and I have ideas on what/who else would as well :)

I'll write up both my ideas and send them to the BOD :)

Gresham, in our case the booth can be different section of the forum where the members goes to collect clues, this way the whole forum can be lively and not just concentrate in one single area of the forum. Different members of the BOD can tend to a different section of the forum, this way the BOD can be active in the forum too :D ;)

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2420.msg25060#msg25060 date=1190845379]Different members of the BOD can tend to a different section of the forum, this way the BOD can be active in the forum too :D ;)
[/quote]

In case they have too much free time :D

Back