Kessil

Willie’s Last Aquarium Build

Details Details Details. The never ending battle. Plumbing is about 80% done. With my luck. I’ll think of something else and I’ll have to crawl.
I was in LA a few weeks ago. Told my buddy I’m building a big aquarium. He goes. I’ll be right back. That skimmer is massive in person
Great jo!. You are so skilled. I need to drive up there and take a crash course about plumbing.

I clean it whenever I dump the skimmage
1714427669604.png

Getting close. I think I’m going to drop the weir another 1-2” might be pushing it on the weight side. But I’m dumb like that.
Anyways. Added 2 more floor supports. I figure more is better than less. Since it is the weight of a medium size car on my floor.
Put the aquarium on the stand. I have a few more odds and ends to button up before I add water. Probably next week. Stay tuned.
IMG_2650.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg

Getting close. I think I’m going to drop the weir another 1-2” might be pushing it on the weight side. But I’m dumb like that.
Anyways. Added 2 more floor supports. I figure more is better than less. Since it is the weight of a medium size car on my floor.
Put the aquarium on the stand. I have a few more odds and ends to button up before I add water. Probably next week. Stay tuned. View attachment 55560View attachment 55561
Are those supports directly connected to beams in some way, or only up against the ceiling? From the pic it looks like the supports are against ceiling drywall, and I'm wondering what the implications are for that doing a good job supporting.

Are those supports directly connected to beams in some way, or only up against the ceiling? From the pic it looks like the supports are against ceiling drywall, and I'm wondering what the implications are for that doing a good job supporting.
It’s an old building. It’s lath and plaster. I should cut it down to the beams. But I’m lazy. I had my 190, 55, 60,40 and 80 sump plus the glass aquarium, custom stand and canopy on top of it. With only 2 supports. It didn’t even crack the plaster. Been like that for over 5 years. but yes. It’s not correct.

Here’s my fish list for anyone interested.
Regal angel
Mated pair - Hawaiian Potters angels. @Kensington Reefer. Thank you so much Erin. You the Man.
Swallowtail angel
Goldflake angel
Blueface angel
Midas blenny
Filefish
(2) chromis damsel
Blue/ yellow damsel
(2) springeri damsel thank you Thomas @Darkxerox
Biota Buan's goby Thank you Thomas @Darkxerox
Mated pair long fin snowflake clown
Naked clown
Mated pair flame hawkfish