Kessil

how did you decide on your username

Roc

I was wondering how ppl came up with their user names

Mine is what i was refereed to for years before starting a reef tank, during my days as a Rapper, DJ and Producer.

Follow up question, is it weird for you to be called that name in public or at events?

Since I was known as Roc for years, its actually common for ppl to call me that.

I'm born the year of the rooster and I work in tech. I use the same for my personal domain/blog and forum nicks.

I would go by my actual name in person not the nick lol.

Wasn't sure how to come up with a name. I'm not even good at naming my fish. :p

I decided to see if the forum would accept some non-alphanumeric characters so I could incorporate an instant message symbol in my screen name and it took it.

So I become <3-2-reef (love-two-reef). Some people don't get the connection and just drop the "<" symbol, so I now also respond to three-two-reef at BAR functions as well.

Easy, my name's Fidel and I spend far more on my audio equipment than I do on my fishtank so it's HiFidelity wherever I can be the first to have it :D
Pretty sure everyone's heard of "Hi-Fi"

Vincerama2 because

1) I liked Futurama
2) I signed up as Vincerama on Reef Central years ago, then forgot my password right after I signed up and had to create a new user name, and I just brought it along to the club forums.

Was a physics major at SFSU... around 20 years ago... it's just been my handle I have been meaning to change it but hey this is me :D
And yes, don't call me sfsuphysics in public.

It's just my email address. It's the same for any forum I join. Just easy to remember and gives me continuity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mine is a term commonly used in the neighborhood that I grew up in. Often referring to somebody "new" at anything. (a rookie) could be baseball, soccer, ice skating, knitting, or I'm my case.. Reefing. I've been using the same screen name on the boards for over a decade. & NO my first name is not "Jack"

Mine is simple it's an abbreviation of my first and last name plus the year I was born...and it reminds me each time how old I am getting....:p

Never been to prison or jail. My name was given to me 20 years ago to describe my basketball game, not very pretty but it will keep you alive and strong.
For several years I was called Food by some of my friends.

Can def be awkward on IG. Even my goddaughter blocked me.

Ryan

Back