Kessil

Bright Green Hammer

I have 2 frags of this hammer which is very hardy, fast grower, and bright green! (This is a duplicate of a previous post since navdeep said it wasn't working....)

I am in Castro Valley.
100_0358 (Small).JPG

Hi Geneva. I'm interested. I'm still building up my tank after a crash last year My house sitters decided my lights weren't on enough and turned them to 100% 24/7 for a week:( It's been stable again for 6 months and it's nice to watch things grow again.

The one she gave me is doing great. I'm hoping to be able to frag it off in a couple months. Will give to you if you don't get one sooner.

Agreed most of not almost all of the chains I’ve started or helped other start have seemingly gone cold after less than 2 years of me not having a tank anymore. I used to dream these would actually stay alive and continue on for future generations of club members.
It’s still cool to share, but best to be realistic and admit that the reality is most people don’t stick around for long, or track things properly, or keep them alive. Sad indeed

Agreed most of not almost all of the chains I’ve started or helped other start have seemingly gone cold after less than 2 years of me not having a tank anymore. I used to dream these would actually stay alive and continue on for future generations of club members.
It’s still cool to share, but best to be realistic and admit that the reality is most people don’t stick around for long, or track things properly, or keep them alive. Sad indeed
True. It’s not a recent issue though. When we were thinking of rules for who could request high end pieces we analyzed how many people have completed a chain- as in someone gets a frag, then shares it with at least 2 other members- a pretty low bar. But the numbers were very low. Like just a few. Would have excluded almost everyone in the club!

Too many members think of DBTC as 1 person giving out coral, as opposed to 1 person starting the chain then everyone else keeping it going by sharing it. I don’t know how to change that but it’s a worthy goal.

True. It’s not a recent issue though. When we were thinking of rules for who could request high end pieces we analyzed how many people have completed a chain- as in someone gets a frag, then shares it with at least 2 other members- a pretty low bar. But the numbers were very low. Like just a few. Would have excluded almost everyone in the club!

Too many members think of DBTC as 1 person giving out coral, as opposed to 1 person starting the chain then everyone else keeping it going by sharing it. I don’t know how to change that but it’s a worthy goal.

Always been the case. Maybe try to make it more “game-ified.” Give like 5 points for starting a chain, 2 points for passing on a frag, 3 points for completing a your chain obligation. Subtract points for people that kill frags or don’t complete a chain after 12-months. And then display a ranking. That way you can tell quickly by the ranking who’s a trustworthy coral banker. Plus, most people don’t like looking bad so if you started having a negative number by your name, it might encourage that person to do better with DBTC.

I don’t know if it’ll help or who’s gonna code all of this, but just a random thought….

Back