Reef nutrition

Clear water aquarium

Team of 3... Man/Woman/Daughter?

There were some pics posted a while ago but seems he took them down for the time being.

Photos of the thieves

Attachments

• 871A7CA9-32A0-42AA-B193-9F6711A67C64.jpeg
    871A7CA9-32A0-42AA-B193-9F6711A67C64.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 249
  • 85EBDBB5-4C17-44B7-B952-4DE24BF77965.jpeg
    85EBDBB5-4C17-44B7-B952-4DE24BF77965.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 257
Jeez...messed up to do. Extra messed up to do with a kid, super lame.
On the other hand I can’t tell what the picture is on that guys shirt, but the words are pretty funny.

not to be rude or anything, but as a business owner my self... why would Ed only have a very "CRAPPY" camera, having such an expensive collection? I mean, why not have better quality/resolution cameras by the door, and thru the store. just my .02 cents

I wish him the best of luck finding this thieves.

All new LFS gets hit, Neptune, too, 2010 I think .
Just starting out is difficult to dial all that security equipments in while doing the tanks.
Hope they have the actual footage where the culprit pulled the items from the tank otherwise it’s just he said they said.
Those mushrooms were brought to the CFM and they looked beautiful.

Theft will happen regardless of the camera system. Neptune has a good security system and not too long time ago someone stole couple expensive items....
All new LFS gets hit, Neptune, too, 2010 I think .
Just starting out is difficult to dial all that security equipments in while doing the tanks.
Hope they have the actual footage where the culprit pulled the items from the tank otherwise it’s just he said they said.
Those mushrooms were brought to the CFM and they looked beautiful.
Totally agree....

Probably the same as any other coral thief, reached into the tank and stuffed them in his pocket.
This is such a strange thing for me to see. I never thought people would steal coral.
What the hell are wrong with these looser low lives??? I hope they get caught and are fully prosecuted.
Seriously, What do the thieves do, walk into the store with a jar of water in their purse? They've got to have some water, no?
Do they just stuff the coral in a purse and then go to the car where there's water?
Just curious....

This is such a strange thing for me to see. I never thought people would steal coral.
What the hell are wrong with these looser low lives??? I hope they get caught and are fully prosecuted.
I imagine it's like any other type of "bling thief" someone steals shoes from a kid in school? Why? Is it because they're barefoot? No it's because they see something more expensive than what they want and the desire to have it overrides common sense. Someone steals a phone from someone on the subway, is it because they don't have a phone? Or they just want that one? Has there ever been a case where a coral thief just loaded their pockets up with frags from the $10 bin at a store? Or do they go for the overly expensive corals? I mean who knows what goes through the minds of some people, me personally I'd rather have 10 $10 frags than 1 $300 mushroom (or whatever they cost).

These are people stealing stuff because they see "shiny", they're not stealing to put food on their tables for their family. On my inlaws farm when they used to grow pumpkins, every now and then in the dead middle of the night a truck would drive onto the property undetected and they'd steal pumpkins and it was a whole family affair judging by the number of tiny shoe prints in the dirt the next morning. Now they're not stealing fruits and vegetables to eat, they're stealing things that they can turn around and sell for a buck. Thieves are thieves and without any sort of harsh punishment for what they do, they'll continue to do it.

Seriously, What do the thieves do, walk into the store with a jar of water in their purse? They've got to have some water, no?
Do they just stuff the coral in a purse and then go to the car where there's water?
Just curious....
I can't say for certain, but you might be under estimating how long a coral can stay out of water for and be perfectly fine. Most corals could be fine out of water for an hour long drive easily.

Back