Neptune Aquatics

Frags tiles

Lot's of places. Aquatic Collection carries all sizes of the thicker squares from 1" to 4". BRS also has them available if you want to have them delivered. If you want the thin ones then Xue Yang has them and can mail them to you.

Lot's of places. Aquatic Collection carries all sizes of the thicker squares from 1" to 4". BRS also has them available if you want to have them delivered. If you want the thin ones then Xue Yang has them and can mail them to you.
AC is far from me not worth the drive. Thanks for the BRS note will check it out..
For sure the thin one will be ideal.. which is Xue yang and how can get the contacts?

Thanks alot Bruce..

Reason why am asking is that I remember during CFM someone asked someone to make him some if these tiles if am not mis remembering things. So I thought if local I rather ask first:)

You can also get cheap ceramic 1” square tiles in 1 foot grids at Home Depot. But it’s a pain to separate and wash them. I used them to form the bottom of my Aiptasia tank.

The best tiles are from this company in Wisconsin called Alternative Reef. They are thin, fired ceramic tiles and don’t leach anything. They are slightly convex so they kind of sit on their corners giving just enough space underneath for pods (if I turn one upside down, it’s coated with pods). They are thin and easy to bandsaw. If there is interest I can try to pool an order together.

I’ve tried 4” Home Depot travertine tiles but they leach something (probably iron as you would expect from travertine) that makes green algae grow a little more enthusiastically on them. And they aren’t uniformly smooth, and they are impractically thick for sawing up encrusters. But look natural and could work ok for acros or euphyllia.

The best tiles are from this company in Wisconsin called Alternative Reef. They are thin, fired ceramic tiles and don’t leach anything. They are slightly convex so they kind of sit on their corners giving just enough space underneath for pods (if I turn one upside down, it’s coated with pods). They are thin and easy to bandsaw. If there is interest I can try to pool an order together.

I’ve tried 4” Home Depot travertine tiles but they leach something (probably iron as you would expect from travertine) that makes green algae grow a little more enthusiastically on them. And they aren’t uniformly smooth, and they are impractically thick for sawing up encrusters. But look natural and could work ok for acros or euphyllia.
I will also be worried of the home depot one. Cement and other bounding materials can leach..
Where do you get yours liz? Do they have online ordering?

I will also be worried of the home depot one. Cement and other bounding materials can leach..
Where do you get yours liz? Do they have online ordering?
Fired ceramics don’t leach anything...

That said, I don’t use them in anything plumbed to my display tank and I have only short term experience with very hardy corals (aiptasia). Lots of other people use ceramic tiles in frag tanks successfully though.

Back