Jestersix

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Looks really good man. Like a real reef tank!
Super happy for you.
Are you already used to the size? Looks full already.

It’s definitely full but has a bit of room left.

love the size.

I’m going to check parameters today to make sure that it’s not going through a mini cycle

Slowly getting organized.

6D4FD5DE-A951-4DCB-89F5-0D7CAF755A02.jpeg

Lol omg man this reminded me of how my cabinet used to look..one of the perks of GHL is much less wired and no modules...

Yeah all the wires will be pulled from the floor as soon as my new surge protectors come in.

Nice part is I had to move one of my google Wifi pucks into the cabinet so I should be able to get the KHG online permanently.

Yeah all the wires will be pulled from the floor as soon as my new surge protectors come in.

Nice part is I had to move one of my google Wifi pucks into the cabinet so I should be able to get the KHG online permanently.
Yeh for the khg i use one of these cheap game adapters they call it..basically small wifi that provides an ethernet for a device.
Kinda like the apex old days..
How do you like your khg btw?

Yeh for the khg i use one of these cheap game adapters they call it..basically small wifi that provides an ethernet for a device.
Kinda like the apex old days..
How do you like your khg btw?

I freaking love it. Especially for this tank transfer. Helped me turn the dosing down before spiking the Kh.

I think between the move and more volume of water my dosage went down 5ml

I freaking love it. Especially for this tank transfer. Helped me turn the dosing down before spiking the Kh.

I think between the move and more volume of water my dosage went down 5ml
With larger water volume you should expect mpre dosage is needed. I think what's going on now is that coral adjusting and bit stresses so consumption went down. I guarantee u when things go back to normal you will need to dose more than the old tank since water volume is more..

With larger water volume you should expect mpre dosage is needed. I think what's going on now is that coral adjusting and bit stresses so consumption went down. I guarantee u when things go back to normal you will need to dose more than the old tank since water volume is more..

Man. I hope not. 2 part is costing me $200 per year right now.

I do have room for a calcium reactor now but I don’t wanna spend a couple grand in a good one.

How do you figure alk consumption should be greater in the new tank than in the 250 because there is more water? As long as you don’t add more coral or rock, the same amount of coral should uptake similar alk if placed under similar lighting and flow conditions. The only thing that might increase it slightly is the extra surface area that will allow for more coralline to grow.

Adding more coral or changing lighting would be a different story.

I like ESV. Can dose equal parts and gas trace elements. It’s worth the money. I have used cheaper before and don’t go back.

How do you figure alk consumption should be greater in the new tank than in the 250 because there is more water? As long as you don’t add more coral or rock, the same amount of coral will uptake the same alk given similar lighting and flow conditions. The only thing that might increase it slightly is the extra surface area that will allow for more coralline to grow.

Kinda what I was thinking.

Man. I hope not. 2 part is costing me $200 per year right now.

I do have room for a calcium reactor now but I don’t wanna spend a couple grand in a good one.

I don’t think a good calcium reactor setup will cost a couple grand. Use a Versa for the peristaltic pump, you can get probably get away with around $1000 or a little less.

I don’t think a good calcium reactor setup will cost a couple grand. Use a Versa for the peristaltic pump, you can get probably get away with around $1000 or a little less.

My biggest thing is managing the co2. I really like the idea of the automatic ones.

My biggest thing is managing the co2. I really like the idea of the automatic ones.

Meh. Fear of that is overhyped. If you have a decent regulator and a pH probe to back you up and use a peristaltic pump to control your effluent drip rate, you’ll have a week of fiddling initially then you can go months (maybe even a year) with touching it again if your reactor is big enough and you have a 10lb co2 tank.

Meh. Fear of that is overhyped. If you have a decent regulator and a pH probe to back you up and use a peristaltic pump to control your effluent drip rate, you’ll have a week of fiddling initially then you can go months (maybe even a year) with touching it again if your reactor is big enough and you have a 10lb co2 tank.

Get carbon doser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How do you figure alk consumption should be greater in the new tank than in the 250 because there is more water? As long as you don’t add more coral or rock, the same amount of coral should uptake similar alk if placed under similar lighting and flow conditions. The only thing that might increase it slightly is the extra surface area that will allow for more coralline to grow.

Yeh maybe you right. I was thinking of couple factors, no more sand, which might mean less ca buffer.
with larger volume, dilution is more and coral access to the supplement is slightly less accessible...I thought that's why supplements specify dosing amount per volume unit, more volume, more dose...no?
And as you also rightfully said more surface area might mean more caroline algae and which sucks in alk further..
But you have a good point...time will tell.

Last edited:
Back