Kessil

Our Hobbit House

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Related to https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/a-tank-fit-for-a-hobbit-planning.28951/

2019-09-06_13-41-36.jpg

Last edited:
Can we get a pic of you with your beard, robe, pipe, and a tall hat stooping to enter the round door please?

How is Egress done to the bedrooms? I imagine this was substantially more to build than a typical house. How much more? 2x? 3x?

Egress is through large windows in both bedrooms. The house is shaped like a PVC elbow, so has access on two sides.

It was about 2x if you use $200/sq ft as a baseline construction cost in this area.

These houses are designed by a mom & pop company called Formworks Building from Colorado: https://www.formworksbuilding.com/

If you're on Facebook, you should be able to see some pics of our house and the process here:

Good point. Fixed it

For the record, I had a bunch of laugh emojis on that post that didn't seem to transfer over from mobile -> post.

What I said read really critical without those lol sorry!

Was laughing at the random post of a full on hobbit house with no context lol

Wait did you style the interior similar to the movie depiction of the hobbit house? Is there going to be a hobbit house tank thread soon? Too many questions will just end there

Wait did you style the interior similar to the movie depiction of the hobbit house? Is there going to be a hobbit house tank thread soon? Too many questions will just end there
We like to think of it as a Hobbit house for humans so no, it’s not styled like the movie. It has high tech radiant heating, all smart light switches and plugs and 4 nest thermostats. It has high ceilings, 8’ doors and a really tall shower. It’s actually sized for me - I’m 6’10”.

Reactions: JVU
We like to think of it as a Hobbit house for humans so no, it’s not styled like the movie. It has high tech radiant heating, all smart light switches and plugs and 4 nest thermostats. It has high ceilings, 8’ doors and a really tall shower. It’s actually sized for me - I’m 6’10”.
The rest of your family probably looks like hobbits around you… so you can get the same aesthetic while still technically making everything human-sized.

I’m tall too, and probably not entirely coincidentally I have a very similar outfit lol

Back