Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • CFM?

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Big variety of prices. One vendor even had 2 for 10, with some really nice options in there (Yodas, Azzkrak). However I realize how fortunate I am to have to have Neptune so close, some vendor’s $50+ SPS frags I have found in the $10 bin at Neptune. Coming during the last hour definitely seemed to have the best deals. Of course I likely missed out on some pieces that went early

Big variety of prices. One vendor even had 2 for 10, with some really nice options in there (Yodas, Azzkrak). However I realize how fortunate I am to have to have Neptune so close, some vendor’s $50+ SPS frags I have found in the $10 bin at Neptune. Coming during the last hour definitely seemed to have the best deals. Of course I likely missed out on some pieces that went early

Damn I was there too. I didn’t see you.

This just reeks of entitlement and an elitist attitude. This is the same snobery I saw on high-fi audio forums where a bunch of Douche(s) would turn there nose to anyone who wasn’t buying 10,000 dollar speakers!

I’m sorry if I am not “high end” enough for your liking
Actually the sense of entitlement was oozing from your statements. The price to get in was too high because it's a farmers market. You shouldn't have to pay a high price to get in because the vendors should cover that. The prices being charged for corals was too much for you to pay, and it's not fair to you! Perhaps you'd be satisfied with a simple participation trophy?

The admission is not much, but it's biggest use for an event like this is to keep away people who are looking for primarily a "$10-20/frag bin" they do not want those type of people at the event.
Eh I don’t know about that. Most vendors this time, and the other times I have gone, at least have one section of frags $10-25. Of course there are tons of high end frags, most vendors also have an “Ask for price section“ too. I think most hobbyists can find something for them.

Of course I think the real reason they charge for admission is because they can lol. Why not make money from that as well as renting booths? Over all, I think the cost for admission is well worth what you get, if nothing else to just see some of these amazing corals in person and those colors with your own eyes.

I don't mind paying 8 dollars to go to an event and then spend money for corals =) I spend at least a grand when i go to SDCC even before I buy stuff from vendors

Ahh okay …. Not my scene. I’m probally the most atypical nerd. Not really into marvel or any of that. I can’t stand Star Trek.

the one science fiction thing I like is Star Wars. I have all the original toys from my childhood.

I was there from 4:15, my wife commented that this was the second time I didn’t come home with anything.

it wasn’t too crowded that late, and there was a pretty good selection still.

@Randyadammartin its pretty hard to not like Guardians of the Galaxy. Check it out sometime

I was there from 4:15, my wife commented that this was the second time I didn’t come home with anything.

it wasn’t too crowded that late, and there was a pretty good selection still.

@Randyadammartin its pretty hard to not like Guardians of the Galaxy. Check it out sometime

Okay I will make an exception for guardian's of the galaxy. Gr00t rules.

..as for your wife commenting you bought nothing. Damn I wish I was in that situation!

Back