Our mission

Canceled- Automation discussion and Reef Nutrition 8/28/2021

Will you attend?

• Total voters
Question: What’s the science behind Reef Nutrition live food dosing? Any published studies on the method? WWC-types doing this commercially?

I’ve read a reef’s natural food cycle is one predominantly void of live food nutrients, interspersed with heavy concentrations of plankton and other micro foods. I attempt to replicate that on two daily cycles in my tank with Reef Nutrition. I’m Interested in any studies and literature on this and that might be discussed.

For anybody planning on attempting an automated refigerated feeder - I have a spare 3-head Jebao dosing pump that I neither need nor will use. If you'd like it, comment here and send me a PM; I'm located in San Jose.

Planned timing of the event:

10:30a-12p: Gathering and show & tell of Scott’s system with discussion of automation
12p-1p: Lunch, planning pizza and drinks (let us know if you have specific food restrictions)
1p-2p: Reef Nutrition talk, Q&A, discussion

Please RSVP in the poll in this thread if you haven’t yet. We will use the poll for planning, food order, and whom to send the address to. Last day to sign up is the day before (Friday 8/27).

We plan to have the demo and discussion of Scott’s tank inside (next to his tank), with lunch, the Reef Nutrition talk, and socializing otherwise outdoors. Scott requests attendees be vaccinated and wear a mask when indoors.
Is it possible to hear the talk and eat at the same time? I plan to go to comic con by 2pm in SJ.....if not no worries, I can just leave early. Do we need to bring anything to lunch?

Reminder to anyone planning to attend that you need to RSVP in the poll at the top of the thread by tomorrow.

Is it possible to hear the talk and eat at the same time? I plan to go to comic con by 2pm in SJ.....if not no worries, I can just leave early. Do we need to bring anything to lunch?
Sorry for the late response, had to confirm with Chad etc. Yes, we will start Chad’s presentation and discussion at 12:30p instead of 1p so you have time to get to Comic-Con. Are you going to attend in cosplay? ;)

Another update if it helps anyone on the fence about attending-

Chad told me he will be bringing freebies of Reef Nutrition products for members who attend. He is usually VERY generous in this regard.

I'm not attending the event, but I'm planning on meeting folks there after it is over to exchange some things.

I have a Dolabella sea hare that needs a new home. Anyone attending interested in her? It would be very convenient for me.

Sorry for the late response, had to confirm with Chad etc. Yes, we will start Chad’s presentation and discussion at 12:30p instead of 1p so you have time to get to Comic-Con. Are you going to attend in cosplay? ;)
Thanks, I have before in costume.

Attachments

• San Jose HRIT 2019 Halloween.jpg
    San Jose HRIT 2019 Halloween.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 144
I'm not attending the event, but I'm planning on meeting folks there after it is over to exchange some things.

I have a Dolabella sea hare that needs a new home. Anyone attending interested in her? It would be very convenient for me.
I'm picking up a BAR member sea hare from @musclebenz at the event. Same one maybe? I'd happy to take both too!

Scott isn’t feeling well today so we are canceling the event for now. Sorry for the late notice everyone. Well wishes to Scott to feel better soon!

Back