Our mission

Black Friday Run

Anyone making a run to Aquatic Collection tomorrow for their doorbusters? I will be working at the hospital. I was hoping to pickup a yellow tang and copperband butterfly. Anyone mind grabbing one for me if you are there? I can pickup that night or next day.

If your aquarium is new and your new to the hobby. Torches are not your friend for the first year. Other may say im wrong. Just trying to save you money and heartache.
Noted! @Matthew just mentioned that it would be a better to wait until my tank is mature and stable. I was going to get it, but @Srt4eric wants one so I'm going to try and get it for him as long as they have them in stock when I get there. My plan is to get there before they open.
Good advice.
10-4! It's yours anyway. In the future when my tank is ready, I'll buy a head from you.

What are your thoughts on the Reef Evolution salt? It seems like a great deal for 2 boxes! Currently I'm using IO Reef Crystals. Currently only have softies and a few LPS. Is it worth getting or stick to what I'm using?

Reef Evolution Sea Salt - TWO Boxes for $79.99

What are your thoughts on the Reef Evolution salt? It seems like a great deal for 2 boxes! Currently I'm using IO Reef Crystals. Currently only have softies and a few LPS. Is it worth getting or stick to what I'm using?

Reef Evolution Sea Salt - TWO Boxes for $79.99
Imo. It doesn’t matter what salt you use. It’s what values the salt mixes out to that is in line with your aquarium. That way when your doing water changes it doesn’t spike or drop your parameters.
Again. Other might say I’m wrong. But that’s how I do it. I’ve used reef crystals for over 20 years mixed with IO. Now I’m gonna try just IO. See if my numbers flatten out more.

Imo. It doesn’t matter what salt you use. It’s what values the salt mixes out to that is in line with your aquarium. That way when your doing water changes it doesn’t spike or drop your parameters.
Again. Other might say I’m wrong. But that’s how I do it. I’ve used reef crystals for over 20 years mixed with IO. Now I’m gonna try just IO. See if my numbers flatten out more.
Do you mix the two to get more value out of the Reef Crystals? Because that makes a lot of sense to me, especially not having a lot of Ca & Mg demanding coral in my tank. So it would seem like using the basic IO salt would be a good move. I also don't want to get stuck in the ditch with having to continually dose my tank with supplements from a bottle and constantly worry about parameters. Granted, my tank is still very young, but the weekly water changes seem to be keeping everything happy thus far. Hard to ignore the screaming deal of $40 for ~400 gallons of mixed water. Probably closer to 325-350 is my guess though. But still...

Daaaamn...looks like a nice large shipment of something! LOL

I'm the first one here!
20231124_090131.jpg

Back