Kessil

2020 SF Tank Tour?

glee

Hi, I would like to coordinate an SF tank tour Jan 11 or 12. I attended a couple of these tours in the past and remember how much fun I had seeing other people’s tanks. Please post here if you would like to “show off” your tank and which date(s) work for you.

If you are not in SF and would like to show off your tank, feel free to post here. We might be able to add it in depending on the location. We have gone up to Jon’s home north of GG bridge as well as Treasure Island.

There will be a potluck or something arranged for food. I’ll also look at transportation options depending on the size of the group.

post your questions comments here

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JVU
Who wants to help me with my floor so I can be ready by January? :D I would go at it pretty heavy but after school is out I do have a series of mini-vacations set up, plus with Christmas stuff meaning I won't have much time to do much.

Who wants to help me with my floor so I can be ready by January? :D I would go at it pretty heavy but after school is out I do have a series of mini-vacations set up, plus with Christmas stuff meaning I won't have much time to do much.
Sometimes it’s just as interesting to see a big project like yours even before it’s all done and shiny

I can probably help. What are we doing?
Well right now I need to put up a plastic tarp between tank(s) and other room to keep construction "gunk" out of it. Then need to play an annoying shell game of moving stuff around to work on the area. Lastly I need to kick my wife in the butt to do one big laundry cycle so that if we're without a washing machine for more than a week we still have clothes to wear :D

I’d be happy to have people come by and see my tanks. My apartment is tiny and parking can be a pain, but we can make it work. Maybe we can look into renting a van or something (party bus!) to help with parking at the stops in the city?

Reactions: JVU
I’d be happy to have people come by and see my tanks. My apartment is tiny and parking can be a pain, but we can make it work. Maybe we can look into renting a van or something (party bus!) to help with parking at the stops in the city?

You guys need to see his tanks and snake cages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good idea. Maybe a variation of that- pick a first spot where parking is easier and Uber XL/Lyft XL between each place in groups?

That's very generous of you Eric, however this tank tour is specifically for San Francisco, and maybe down the peninsula a bit. If there's an east bay tour your tank could definitely be on the list though.

I'm open to showing mine in Pleasant Hill
Hey Neighbor! We should definitely do an East Bay Tank Tour in 2020, I‘m happy to show mine too.

We were planning to keep regions separate mainly for logistics. I’ll start another thread for East Bay, we have other months open for one.

Hey Neighbor! We should definitely do an East Bay Tank Tour in 2020, I‘m happy to show mine too.

We were planning to keep regions separate mainly for logistics. I’ll start another thread for East Bay, we have other months open for one.
Hey there! That sounds great. I have a neighbor a few houses down the street from me with a reef tank as well.

Back