Reef nutrition

28 gallons of sand

I only got 4 out of the 6 accounted for, one is missing and the smallest red one climbed into the overflow and died (found anemone goop ball in the back)

I am feeding the ones I got and they are growing steadily.

IMG_2435.JPG

picked up from AC last weekend, so far is doing ok, picking at food here and there. I have some brown acros in there as supplement. Today he ate the most out of all the feedings, and he only kept the smaller food pieces down and spit out the rest. going to try to cut up brine and mysis and feed that tomorrow.

ill have to give that a shot, so far mine is being a picky eater.

They all are.. that's why they are labeled expert only. Mine won't touch other pellets, LRS or Mysis. It will pick at Roe a bit especially if it's in a clump. It took to the TDO pellets immediately though. A few other things to try though. Masstick either on the side of the glass or on a dead acro. People have had success with that. You could alternatively make your own "Mastick" by using a frozen food and combining it with some gelatin to make a sticky gob to put on an acro.

yeah I had one I ordered from DD for about a year before it died from internal infection. i put gel food on live acro and no dice. I figured since it already picks at food in the water (which most dont do right off the bat) I will keep trying with that.

I dont think the filefish is going to make it, it is barely eating anything and it started eating less and less frozen
on the bright side, though, I picked up this nice new bounce rock
IMG_2503.JPG

I was just talking to my co-worker about getting those garden eels lol... did you mention where you got them earlier? From AC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just talking to my co-worker about getting those garden eels lol... did you mention where you got them earlier? From AC?

I got them from a store called 6th avenue in san fransisco. they get all sorts of weird stuff in. Most stores dont get these all that often, only seen them twice at aquatic collection in 3 years

update on filefish - is chowing down on live brine, but is still really skinny, hopefully it is able to fatten up and I am able to convert it to frozen brine then eventually to healthier stuff

I got them from a store called 6th avenue in san fransisco. they get all sorts of weird stuff in. Most stores dont get these all that often, only seen them twice at aquatic collection in 3 years

Ohhh 6th street!! Yeah they have amazing exotic stuff. My girlfriend doesnt want me to try them though since they have a history of fish getting ich and such... I want to buy their stuff though.

Ohhh 6th street!! Yeah they have amazing exotic stuff. My girlfriend doesnt want me to try them though since they have a history of fish getting ich and such... I want to buy their stuff though.

Everything I ever bought from 6th street died

Back