Reef nutrition

2nd Annual SF tank tour?

Yes, I noted above that you both can come. We are meeting at the Steinhart Aquarium lobby at 11am ( but you can always show up earlier) $10 entrance fee. For those who don't know me, I will be the 6 foot tall chinese guy. : )

There will also be close to around 20 people for the tour and potluck. Please bring an item to the potluck. I will pass out addresses once we met at Steinhart. You may want to read this long thread to see if you missed any info. If you need my cell phone number - please PM me and I will send it to you.

I gave the Steinhart link out in the thread, most people are meeting there . I will passout address list then, just like last year. I have PM a person that wanted to start al Eileen's, but I still haven't heard from some folks.. FYI - I will only be checking this thread until about 6pm tonight. See people tommorrow.

For those who don't want the read back 5 pages -

Mark, I sent you a PM, need your address info. Left cell phone (415 971 4253)on PM message. If anyone has a question go ahead and call me.

Meet at Steinhart 11am - we pay normal fee to get in and stay for 1 hour max.

Here is the tricky part....Eileen is in the middle so we may backtrack alittle, but....

Eileen's at 12:30pm (Potluck or bring your own lunch?) For those not going to Steinhart meet here.
Mark's at 2:00pm (we could take a stop by Lucky Ocean (BAR Sponsor) or even 6th ave- (NON Sponsor - be very careful if you buy anything, but its interesting to look since they are close) if we want)
Arnold's at 2:45pm
Charles at 3:30pm - he is actually closer to Steinhart but I figure its an easy jump to the freeway to get to Mike's.
Ocean Treasures ( Optional -BAR sponsor is 1 block away from Charles)
Mike's tank at 4:15pm.

[quote author=Apon link=topic=1722.msg16603#msg16603 date=1172714537]
Vince I can take you around in my car from Steinhart if needed, but from looking at the areas we are going Parking shouldn't be too bad.....except for around Mark's area.
[/quote]

Sounds good. We can split for parking if we have to pay for it. I'll take cal train up then.

V

[quote author=Apon link=topic=1722.msg15994#msg15994 date=1171505143]Maybe we can convince our Pres to have some prizes for our tanks...Most interesting? Most creative, Strangest tank seen. : ) This will encourage more people to show their tanks.[/quote]

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=1722.msg16054#msg16054 date=1171550069]
Prizes would be fun. I'll contribute some stuff out of my prop tank :D[/quote]

Bringing a few things from my prop tank for the tank show-ers or whatever. People can decide what they want to do with them.

If people want to bring some random frags, we could have a mini swap at Eileen's during lunch.

Tank show-ers get first pick :D

A great event to be had, a special thanks to Eileen, Mark, Arnold, Charles and ESPECIALLY myself for showing off their lovely tanks. Also to those who came and enjoyed the festivities and brought tasty food items for us to consume. This felt more down home and more like what being part of a club is (should?) be about.

Eitherway I'll be posting my pictures of peoples tanks a bit later after I've reduced them in size a bit, hope everyone had a good time. And hope Holly got her car out of the yard

Yeah,

I noticed Holly's car was gone on my walk back from Arnold's car. Hopefully it didn't take too long.

BTW, thanks for coming by. And thanks to Norman for the bonus frag! (and the frag delivery!)

Cheers!

C

Norm was right - I did buy an alligator pipefish.

So we'll see how this does in the 120g, and I can always move it to the smaller tank if need be (it's less windy ;D)

I had a lot of fun! Thanks to Eileen for driving me around! Thanks to all for opening your homes to us to see your tanks! I left with some inspirations on rock arrangement and equipment ideas!

V

I got my car out right away, thanks to Arnold for both driving us around and telling me where to get the key out. The guy in the restaurant walked us right down there and opened it.

We both came home and rearranged our rock. Maybe we can do an East Bay tour and ours will be established by then.

It was nice to meet everyone!

Back