Neptune Aquatics

40g Innovative Marine

So.. just started the building for my new tank.
It is a 40g Innovative Marine, I will be using a DYI LED fixture that I have (maybe put some T5s on the mix).
Huge tanks to @ashburn2k & @Jeff Rehling for the rocks.. and @Bruce Spiegelman for the help finding the tank!

Started building the aquascape yesterday (still working on it):
20190216_110645.jpg

20190216_110717.jpg

Well.. the pictures are not very good, but once in the tank It will look nice.. some floating parts and caves!

Will try to keep this update as much as I can!

tips and criticism welcome :)

By the way.. I am going Bare Bottom on this tank.
Should I use starboard plastic or something like that on the bottom?
Also heard that ABS Boards are a good option

As long as your rock structures are steady, no starboard is necessary. Just be careful when you do your "floating parts" that it actually holds itself up and doesn't easily tip over.

As long as your rock structures are steady, no starboard is necessary. Just be careful when you do your "floating parts" that it actually holds itself up and doesn't easily tip over.
It's pretty well balanced.. most of the weight is on the back, so it won't tip over.
I am also planning on gluing/epoxying the structure on the bottom.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't glue your rocks to the tank, if it's very steady there really is no reason to do it. Corals will grow sure, but presumably you'll have corals everywhere along your structure so it should be fine.

I guess an update is due [emoji16][emoji16]
Running a IM ghost skimmer ( not liking it but let's give it another couple of days).
Already have some corals in it from the other tank, and they are actually looking better than ever [emoji106][emoji106]

Now have to get two small wavemkers to increase flow, was thinking on two jebao wp4 or 8.

Already had two of those and they are cheap and reliable (at least on my tanks).

9b70c2b4c9feb7c191d7c6f52fdcc208.jpg

This heat is killing me!

Woke up today to a tank not looking good at all!

The temperature was 33c and everything was closed up and red montipora was halfway dead!

Since I don't have a chiller, threw some ice in it (have more in the making), and did a quick water change (since it had a really strong smell already).

At least, FedEx arrived with some food stuff that had ice packs in it! Well.. they are in now lol!

Temperature is down, and "some" stuff is opening up!

It sucks!

But good news is that everything is back to normal tmw. And time to thinking about cooling down the road for your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There's also a number of chillers on Craigslist right now in the $300-$350 range. If you contact any of them ask if they will take trade (all or part) . I'll be happy to giveyou some high end coral to help get you one. I've got a frag tank full right now and am happy to help save your corals.

Oh --not good. If you need a chiller I can lend you one. Bad news is it's oversized for your tank, but its controllable. Other bad news is you'd have to pick it up in Elk Grove as I don't have it here.
Thank you so much thou... I am controlling with some ice packs now.. luckily I am working from home.
But thanks again.

Back