got ethical husbandry?

Acro PE before lights on

I know! In my first tank, I just threw in 20ml of alk and cal every morning and night. Figured it was good enough and never tested more than weekly! Every last thing in that old tank grew!

now I obsess over is Trident right? Do I manually take over? Madness!
There are some days, I wanna say F-it and go back to manually dosing... but the stubborness in me is keeping me on the DOS\Trident wagon... seems to work for others, I CAN and WILL make this work

maybe others can comment, but (for my tank) I would think .5 dKH swing would be big. I remember reading that .4 was about the max you’d want to raise or lower alk in a day’s time, but that was adjustment related.

Do you auto dose or manual?
have you recently measured your daily uptake? Maybe it’s time to readjust?
Maybe break up your doses into smaller and more frequent doses?

it’s all about stability, not necessarily the numbers
My tank is dosed by a versa with 3-5 ml a day for a few times day. I'm trying to figure out my usage again because these fires really throw my consumption out of wack. It used to be a steady 63ml a day of soda ash with a max oh of 8.4 but since I've had to close windows due to smoke ph would dip to 7.7 . So I pretty much had to turn off my versa to get it down again since it went up 10 dkh with no losses. I let it come down naturally and I'm still trying to figure out my consumption. I dosed to raise it to 8 dkh from 7.6 so I'm dosing right now 23.4 ml a day and it still went down to 7.7 from 8 so my dosage is not adequate for the higher ph that dips to 7.99 at its lowest.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

yep- same here. During the smoke, my usage dropped by .14 daily. Once the air was cleared, I ran an air pump With outdoor air to detox the c02 out.

Back