Kessil

Adit's 750 xxl

Added a green slimer and a pink/red table colony today

Attachments

• IMG_6750.JPG
    IMG_6750.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 175
No idea what happened, but over the last few days my green birdsnest died (it looked kind of like the brown stuff that killed my torch). Luckily I have some frags
IMG_6932.JPG
IMG_6933.JPG

keep an eye on the smooth skin acros, aefw likes those more. look for bite marks and sps that sudddenly showed less pe. get some wrasse also if you have a lid.

Yep I've got a couple of predators that I've seen pick them off: six line wrasse, flame back angel, butterfly (maybe). The tricolor valida is the most severely infested, but I've been blowing off the worms diligently and the bite marks have mostly healed over. All my tenuis, torts, and tablers seem fine with great PE. Going to do a 30% WC today and then start the Purge V2. By the reviews I'm pretty optimistic, but I'm nervous about having to turn off my skimmer + no WC during the 4 week treatment.

Bummer man!
Any idea where you got them or how long they’ve been there? How’d you notice/what tipped you off? What did you do to confirm what it was? Have you found eggs as well as the worms?

no idea when/where I got them. About a week ago I noticed my valida getting covered in white splotches (bite marks I now realize) and figured it was bleaching related to the bjd bacteria that was/is in my tank (haven't lost anything since the initial green torch though so that's good). And then the last few days I've blown off like 30-40 fat ones from my valida (the fish seem to love them, extremely satisfying to watch). Not sure about eggs, but I know I've got them.

@NanoCrazed What would you say about hitting the entire tank with amoxycillin? I swear its the same brown jelly stuff that killed that first green torch.
Also, if anyone has cypro tablets they can lend me I'd be extremely grateful. I ordered 50 500mg ones a few days ago but they're arriving on Tuesday, so I can pay you back then.

Sorry... work has been crazy and been off forums for the most part.

When you see signs of rtn, what does it look like? Come up from base or full on release of tissue?

If you can dip, that would help increase chances of saving a lot. If not, you can use amoxicillin in place of cipro.

Ampicillin and amoxicillin are proven antibiotics for sps whitebanding. Cipro has not been validated by research but i include it in my treatments successfully.

I find using both in a dip being most effective. I've dosed 250mg of amoxicillin to 120G tank in combination with cipro before. Not real issues. My ammonia crept up ton 0.25ppm based on API but small inconvenience to save most pieces. Still lost a few more pieces at end of treatment after pulling out meds. But everything else started recovering

Sorry... work has been crazy and been off forums for the most part.

When you see signs of rtn, what does it look like? Come up from base or full on release of tissue?

If you can dip, that would help increase chances of saving a lot. If not, you can use amoxicillin in place of cipro.

Ampicillin and amoxicillin are proven antibiotics for sps whitebanding. Cipro has not been validated by research but i include it in my treatments successfully.

I find using both in a dip being most effective. I've dosed 250mg of amoxicillin to 120G tank in combination with cipro before. Not real issues. My ammonia crept up ton 0.25ppm based on API but small inconvenience to save most pieces. Still lost a few more pieces at end of treatment after pulling out meds. But everything else started recovering
some of them base up, some from tips back. It's a brown jelly like mass that consumes them, one by one. I applied amoxicillin paste to a couple affected pieces last night and the infection didn't spread overnight but they have since gotten a little worse. Hit the tank with cipro today, hoping I wake up and nothing more has died. Huge thanks to @bfirecat and @Chromis for the cipro

some of them base up, some from tips back. It's a brown jelly like mass that consumes them, one by one. I applied amoxicillin paste to a couple affected pieces last night and the infection didn't spread overnight but they have since gotten a little worse. Hit the tank with cipro today, hoping I wake up and nothing more has died. Huge thanks to @bfirecat and @Chromis for the cipro
yeah -- definitely a bacterial issue. I would actually do a daily treatment versus every other day or two. really hit them hard. at 2.5X aquabiomics, my ammonia went to 0.25ppm.

For tank wide nem treatement... we would do 250mg pr 10G every other day. and then load up on nitrifying bacteria in the end to speed up recovery on the ammonia side.

Lost my red dragon this morning, total death count is like 5 colonies and 5 frags. Don't know when it's going to stop :(. Can others share similar stories to make me feel better :(?

Alk has been steady 7-8 always. When I dosed the purge I had to turn my skimmer off which I'm sure really threw off the biological stability since I rely heavily on carbon dosing. Phosphates climbed by ~0.2 every day until they hit ~1.2, then I got them back down to ~0.1 in a couple of days.

Alk has been steady 7-8 always. When I dosed the purge I had to turn my skimmer off which I'm sure really threw off the biological stability since I rely heavily on carbon dosing. Phosphates climbed by ~0.2 every day until they hit ~1.2, then I got them back down to ~0.1 in a couple of days.
That’s gonna have consequences for sure

Back