got ethical husbandry?

Alk Creeping Up with Trident Running

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Anyone have any insight why my Alk is creeping up while using the Trident. I have it set for 7.5 (because I run the Triton method as well.) Trident has been up and running for couple weeks and in the last week my alk keeps creeping up. It's now at 8. I'm not worried about an alk of 8, but I wonder why it's steadily creeping up.

Your acros are slowly dying. :p

Okay... fine.... here’s a useful response. What’s your control range set at?

FB744A04-CE27-469F-A7B5-46EA9B8DAFEC.png

Have you tested Alk manually?
Any time I get some reading creeping up, I get suspicious of the equipment as well.

Apparently some people were having problems with it creeping up when the reagent level is low. If the needle isn't straight in the bottle it starts sucking up air.

Good, I just ordered some 3D printed "reagent guides" to keep the needle straight in the bottle.

Yeah. I checked mine and did see that one was slanted in the bottle. I had never thought that would create a "reading" issue. I knew it would show the bottle was empty when there was still reagent present.

Not worth it, I will just fill it up. And reset. I have printer too, just not worth the effort IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not much effort to printing though. And I’ve had it my regents vear drastically with less than 10%. It will add up in the long run. The print itself is simple.

Back