[Aug 5, 2017] Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market (Saratoga, CA)

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by bar_admin, Jul 29, 2017.

By bar_admin on Jul 29, 2017 at 10:42 PM
  1. bar_admin

bar_admin Webmaster Staff Member

jepoy likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Silicon Valley Coral Farmers Market
Start Date: Aug 5, 2017 11:00 AM
End Date: Aug 5, 2017 05:00 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

14000 Fruitvale Ave.
Saratoga, CA 95070

Posted By: bar_admin

Confirmed Attendees: 3
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 3

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by bar_admin, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Not sure if we need a schedule to make sure that someone is always at the BAR table? I'm happy to "man" it mid-afternoon....say from 2-3p?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Coral reefer likes this.
    2. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      That's a great excuse for setting up another tank!
      jepoy and Coral reefer like this.
    3. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      We do need people to man the table. If we do 2 hr segments then we only need three people. Manning the table is super easy. Just wear your bars shirt (if you have one) and schmooze with people. If people ask about the club you can direct them to the web site. I can take the first shift from 11:00-1:00. @Wlachnit do you mind doing from 1:00-3:00? Is there anyone that can do from 3:00-5:00? I think the raffle is going on around 3:00 so if you're going you might want to be around for that.
      Coral reefer likes this.
    4. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Sure. I can do 1-3p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Coral reefer likes this.
    5. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      I can also do the 3:00-5:00 shift if someone only wants to do the early one.
    6. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Manning the table was fairly straight forward at the last one, a few people asked questions about BAR, but the vast majority just wanted to know what raffle prizes were available. So when you get there try to get up to date on those (usually it's not that difficult) and then try to sell people the idea of using their raffle tickets (buyable from the ticket guy) for the stuff the club has on the table. Make sure someone is there at the very end, last time they gave the money to the club (which I still have ... technically)

Basically if you're going to be a wall flower, then you're not needed at the table, you're not guarding anything, you need to be able shoot the shit with people who are looking at what to waste raffle ticket chances on.
    7. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      And most important we need to advertise
      People to come to our swap sept 16. Maybe we can sell pre sale discounted tickets?
    8. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      So far we have 3 raffle items that have been donated on our behalf. A single box of Fritz salt, a double box, and an ICP test.

@Coral reefer is right though, a big part of being at the table will be directing them to the coral swap. People at the cfm will be prime candidates for the swap. I'm still getting flyers ready but should have them to be passed out at the cfm table.
      Coral reefer likes this.
    9. Vhuang168
      Vhuang168
      I'll donate some corals to the raffle. For now it will be a frag of 'The Vinh'. I may frag the Walt Disney and maybe a piece of a Cornbread's chalice.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
      Gablami and Coral reefer like this.
    10. daddio
      daddio
      Or charge full price and give them a free raffle tic. or 2 for pre-buy?
    11. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      I thought the swap was the free members only swap?
      Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    12. Vhuang168
      Vhuang168
      We had raffle at the last regional.

13. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Early morning brain not awake typo. I meant to say swap, not raffle.
    14. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      Nope. This is regional swap.
    15. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Ah ok, then by all means advertise like crazy! :D
      Coral reefer likes this.
    16. 2manyhobbies
      2manyhobbies
      I obtained this info from West Valley College. Always good to know what it costs to park.

One Day Visitor or Daily Parking Permit

• Daily permits are $3.00 per day and valid on the date purchased only.

One day "Daily" parking permits may be purchased at any of the daily permit dispensers located in the parking lots. Daily permits are $3.00 per day. Daily permits must be displayed on the front dashboard and the expiration date must be visible from the outside of vehicle.

All dispensers will accept one dollar bills, dimes, nickels, quarters. At Mission College all daily permit dispensers will accept credit cards. At West Valley College daily permit dispensers in parking lots 2, 4, 5, 7, and Tennis Courts will accept credit cards. Once purchased, daily permits may be used in any student parking stall on campus.

One Day (Daily) Permit Kiosks (Yellow machines) are available:

- At West Valley College: in all parking Lots.
    17. RandyC
      RandyC
      From http://www.coralfarmersmarket.com/cfmprotour_siliconvalley_2017_summer.htm

"Parking will be free for attendees and vendors on Saturday from 6 AM until 7 PM. Use only West Valley College Parking Lot #5 (see sat image)."

[​IMG]
      Gablami, daddio, jepoy and 1 other person like this.
    18. daddio
      daddio
      This will be our first CFM. How are frag prices? Coral Reefer turned us on to a frag of "Jack o Lantern" (leptoseris) that we really like so we are going to be looking to add another variety, along with a Stylo and possibly a Platy and Peter has to get a clam. See you all there.
      Cheers!
    19. roostertech
      roostertech
      Stylo, the purple one grow easily, there are always some at the swap, don't buy them. The red stylo, I have a frag that hasn't budged in 3 months, not sure what's the deal.
      daddio likes this.
    20. RandyC
      RandyC
      You have some of the big names here like WWC, House of Sticks, and others, so expect that there will be some crazy insane prices....Like $2000 shrooms from the last CFM. There are others that are reasonably priced and some that are downright cheap. I remember seeing some large 6"+ maxima clams going for $100.

One thing I will suggest is don't be afraid to negotiate, especially of buying multiple frags.
      daddio likes this.