Our mission

bad pump? steady stream of micro bubbles

It's what scares me about buying used AmpMasters. Awesome pump, but damn pricey seals ($100 IIRC)

houser said:
Ohh I like looking for leaks I hunt them down in vacuum chambers all the time! We will sometimes squirt alcohol.etc... into all the ports looking for a telltale rise in pressure which indicates the alcohol molecules make it though the leak and into the chamber, where their heavier mass shows up as a pressure spike.
Helium mass spec leak detector is your friend :D

What kind of work do you do? UHV fabrication? Research? Beam line guru at LBL Advanced Light Source?

I might be in need of 1 or 2 technical personnel.

Thanks Gresham...I believe its the japanese one, but I need to make sure. Any word on IMAC west , its been pretty quiet about it.

I've heard just as much as anyone else on it at this point... :( It's truly Frank Burr's baby. Frank@imacwest.com email him and ask directly :)

Mr. Ugly said:
houser said:
Ohh I like looking for leaks I hunt them down in vacuum chambers all the time! We will sometimes squirt alcohol.etc... into all the ports looking for a telltale rise in pressure which indicates the alcohol molecules make it though the leak and into the chamber, where their heavier mass shows up as a pressure spike.
Helium mass spec leak detector is your friend :D

What kind of work do you do? UHV fabrication? Research? Beam line guru at LBL Advanced Light Source?

I might be in need of 1 or 2 technical personnel.

Yes I prefer the He detector myself. Ever operated one in 100% Japanese?

EUV Reflectometers and spectrometers out in Martinez. Know which shop (since you mentioned ALS)?

Back