got ethical husbandry?

BAR donation tank at KMS

I am going to be drilling this tank in the near future for an overflow so I can have a sump with a skimmer and ato. Who wants to help me? I need glass hole saw bit, probably want a 1" bulkhead. Thanks in advance!

I still have my glass hole bits and I think I may have an extra 1" bulkhead at home too. I'll try to see what I have tonight. Shoot me a PM and remind me if you don't hear back in a day or two. I'm crazy busy at work, so I'm just likely to forget about it.

Tank has been moved for new carpets to be installed, and then before moving it back I drilled it and installed an overflow box with a 1" bulkhead. There is now a 10 gal sump with a maxijet return, and the heater is no longer an eye sore in the tank! Ato will be installed next time I'm there with an old school euroreef skimmer to follow. PROGRESS!
Thanks jeremy(I think?) aka blueprint guy for the hole saw!
I still need to find a lid for the 40 gal breeder so I don't have any jumpers, and I want to figure out a canopy and get a light installed so I can get some corals in there. Kids sure love it already!

image.jpeg

Yes that's a dory in there, I will put it in my tank when it's too big (soon). Couldn't resist though. The kids love her.
Thanks to @Geneva for the nice Rbta. Of course the clowns have not figured out what it is yet...

Are there any corals you are looking for? Or fish? I have a tank teardown coming up soon and will have some corals/fish to get rid of.
Nothing in really looking for at the moment. Maybe some Zoas? There are currently a pair of clowns, the blue tang, and a six line wrasse. Lemme know if there are any small fish that you think would be a good fit? I do want to get a sand sifting goby sometime soon.

A sand-sifting goby has turned my tank into a nightmare sandstorm at all times -- and he's uncatchable! He grabs a mouthful of sand then rises 3'4 of the way up into the water column and releases - over and over and over again. Relentless. Corals are buried, rocks look like their covered in powdered sugar and you can't see the back side of the tank oat times because of all the floating sand.

On the brightside -- my sand is gorgeous!

A sand-sifting goby has turned my tank into a nightmare sandstorm at all times -- and he's uncatchable! He grabs a mouthful of sand then rises 3'4 of the way up into the water column and releases - over and over and over again. Relentless. Corals are buried, rocks look like their covered in powdered sugar and you can't see the back side of the tank oat times because of all the floating sand.

On the brightside -- my sand is gorgeous!
How long have you had the goby? Hopefully, he will settle down.. they are.my favorite fish as they keep the sand so clean! They are all so different - I've had goby's that moved sand from one end of the tank to the other or trenched around each rock! Be careful though - as they can jump out when startled.

Yes that's a dory in there, I will put it in my tank when it's too big (soon). Couldn't resist though. The kids love her.
Thanks to @Geneva for the nice Rbta. Of course the clowns have not figured out what it is yet...
I'm glad RBTA made it! It was just getting too big in my tank and stinging everything it could reach! Be careful! My maroon clown is still looking for it!

How long have you had the goby? Hopefully, he will settle down.. they are.my favorite fish as they keep the sand so clean! They are all so different - I've had goby's that moved sand from one end of the tank to the other or trenched around each rock! Be careful though - as they can jump out when startled.

Mine won't jump out -- I tried. I even blasted Justin Beiber music loud enough to startle him or at least convince him to commit suicide (kidding.) This one actually has 666 emblazoned on his forehead. I've decided the only way to get rid of him is to break down the entire tank -- so I just bought a new one that's cycling.

Last edited:
Back