Kessil

BAR meeting June 11th let's talk about LEDs baby, let's talk about you and......

Hello BAR,

June's talk will feature speaker David Lowry from Kessil, a company that is making waves in the LED market in big ways.

The talk will focus on LED design, application, and the future of LED technology. Bring your notebook, feel free to ask questions and be ready to learn about this newish and exciting technology from a sponsor and a local manufacturer.

Time: 1:00
Date: June 11th

The talk will be held in building 1900

I may finally have time to make it to my first BAR meeting. LEDs are currently out of my budget but I've definitely been thinking about them. Looking forward.

Great! looking forward to attending this! Mike, when I talked to him at BAYMAC he mentioned that they had sold pretty much everything they had at the time, not anticipating the high demand. I want to say that he mentioned sometime in mid-June they would have more available to distribute to the LFS's. I'm sure he'll let us know.

Coral reefer said:
Maybe he should sell them at the meeting!!!??!!

You suggesting they bypass all their local dealers? Not many manufacturers are willing to risk that for one time sales ;)

Yeah I figured that would be an issue, but a dreamer can dream right? Also, it would maybe create some additional buzz and feedback from us trusted reefers that they are sponsoring! Also, I've seen one on display at aquatic central, none for sale anywhere yet... So maybe not so much competition with the lfs distributors I thought.

Mike, the way I look at it, you have a company that was not even heard of in our industry not long ago and is now blowing up, that can equate to a short in supply. I feel there are big things to come from Kessil, they are very innovative.

Yeah should be good, and I concur... Kesswhat? Oh yeah they sell LED lights of a type that currently there was exactly one other company doing. Nice little product too. Key word is little!

I anticipate seeing Jeremy's report on growth with all his :D

Coral reefer said:
Yeah I figured that would be an issue, but a dreamer can dream right? Also, it would maybe create some additional buzz and feedback from us trusted reefers that they are sponsoring! Also, I've seen one on display at aquatic central, none for sale anywhere yet... So maybe not so much competition with the lfs distributors I thought.

They are out of units for sale... they did not anticipate such a large and quick welcome into the aquarium side.

They donated (3) units to BAR and (3) units to BAYMAC. That is a massive donation to basically the same group of people. I would never donate what amounts to nearly $2K in product to one regional club in one calender year.... we manufacturers get endless emails asking for donations. We could spend all profits on just donations and still not meet all the requests. I am blown away by Kessil's generosity :D

Me too, obviously a cool company! Obviously bar and Baymac are both lucky and grateful, but as individual members we can learn a lot more about the product by getting hands on experience. Not asking for hand outs or even big discounts, I just want to buy one or more and thought it might be convenient for us and them to be able to buy them at the meeting, although I get it that there aren't any to be bought right now...DARN!

Back