got ethical husbandry?

Beer forum?

I love hoes. Most of what I have is in the heavy and dark department, bit I'm looking for more that are in the hoe category.

....and I'm not going to edit that :p

Lap, Try Milly Stones as well.

Those Rochefort beers are good Tony. Not so good on your wallet.

If you can find Koningshoven Dubbel it is good stuff if you can find it. Is a Dutch beer but brewed with the Trappist methods. The Quadrupel is good too. I think Bevomo carries the Quadrupel, only place I have found the Dubbel is at Molly Stones in BGame.

It is Sunday morning and after reading this thread I want to go open a beer. Beer and cornflakes :O
Scotch and beer are two of my loves ----- :p
I have done some home brewing, anyone else out there?

Rochefort grand cru (seems more appropriate for a wine name I know) is always one of my favorites when in Belgium. Good call Tony did you like em?

Homebrewer +1

FYI it's monday morning here in Japan, 4:40am, tsunami warnings overlayed on all TV channels - way better than our shitty US TV system. Seems like it's OK here, some flooding up in Hokkaido from what I gather?

Dave, I'll start getting into them tonight. The day I got them, later I went out and got some fantabulous Mexican food and margaritas. DIdn't want to stack. I wanted to enjoy these :-D

You all got me going ------
Just had a Black Hart Irish Style Dry Stout, North Coast Brewing, with my daughters vegan, gluten free pizza. :(
Not the best, but not bad. :)
It all works out ----

Haven't read the entire thread so don't assault me if this has already been said:

Fred's Market in Berkeley on University just east of MLK Jr. Way is a nondescript mom-and-pop convenience store with an incredible selection of beers. I've found brews there that I have never seen at another location. Worth a trip to Berkeley and you can visit Green Marine at the same time as it's only a mile or two away.

My new fave: Double Bastard Ale.

Sure did. There were a few shipyard brews there. They had at least 1 IPA that I recall.

I had the Trappist #10 last night. I'm mixed on how I feel about it. I definitely couldn't have more than one of them. Not because it was heavy, but it was almost too much...well... Think along the lines of a port. It was a port if beer had ports. Very sweet, with lots of dark fruit flavors and roasted malt/sugar flavors. Lots of other flavors in there too, but those were the dominant. Definitely a good experience, but not one I'm sure I would do more than on rare occasions.

If you don't like a real heavy Belgian Tony, try Saison DuPont, they still make it in a farmhouse, it's nice and funky without being too heavy.

will do! thanks for the tip. I normally love heavy beers, but in the stout department. The #10 was just too sweet and fruity.

Sounds like an overdone port. :p

All this beer talk and I'm out of beer. Gonna make a beer run sometime this week.

Hmm, fruity beer. You should check out Kona. They have a limited release beer that has hints of apricot in it; it's awesome.

I'm sure that the beer snobs will try and lynch me for this, but I actually liked the Maredsous triple more than the Rochefort Trappist #10. I'm sure purists will say the #10 was analytically superior, but the Maredsous was more enjoyable. It was a little hard to finish the #10 by the last sip, but I could easily enjoy the entire triple (and it was way more in volume!).

Back