Reef nutrition

Beer forum?

Tried a North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout last night before dinner. I recommend it if you are looking for something not too overpowering. Picked it up at BevMo.

Old-Rasputin.jpg

Tried the Trappiste 8 and the Gulden Draak ale. My taste buds doesn't agree with either. The Trappiste tasted like a bitter blue moon. :/

Anyone else ever try a Barmen Pils made by Coors/Miller? it's only sold in a few select places (on tap only) in CO. Very nice :)

Another good one:

Hop Rod Rye™ / Bear Republic Brewery
Rye IPA
ABV: 8.0% IBU: 80 Color: Amber
A high gravity IPA brewed with 18% rye malt. Hop Rod Rye has a floral hop aroma and subtle caramel notes with a slightly earthy and spicy rye character.

Hot-Rod-22oz_small.jpg

Tried a Black Hart Irish Style Dry Stout that I really liked. Thought it would be bitter, but it was very dark and very smooth. Naybody tried it?? It's from Fort Bragg

Not me on that beer!
Having a red nectar right now and it has been many years since last one.
Contemplating swinging by Oak Barrel tomorrow and picking up some supplies to brew a batch for thanksgiving party... Yup - this post makes the decision for me.

Gomer said:
lol. Oaked Arrogant bastard by Stone

So not sure why your "oaked" nor the "by stone" part either but ok :p

The balloon fest looked fun, any beer present there?

Any beer balloons? (Trying to keep on topic :lol: )

Yeah, AB is one damn fine brew... drool

So for the beer lovers here how many of you do your own home brew. I brew once every three months and I have been making some killer Stout and Porters.

The Discovery Park brew fest held in September is awesome you guys should come out one year.

GreshamH said:
Gomer said:
lol. Oaked Arrogant bastard by Stone

So not sure why your "oaked" nor the "by stone" part either but ok :p

The balloon fest looked fun, any beer present there?

Any beer balloons? (Trying to keep on topic :lol: )

Yeah, AB is one damn fine brew... drool

The only drink balloon was a pepsi balloon. ...no beer, however the Darth Vadar Balloon was pretty damn awesome!
hmm..wander what beer Darth Vadar would drink...

Borchers said:
So for the beer lovers here how many of you do your own home brew. I brew once every three months and I have been making some killer Stout and Porters.

The Discovery Park brew fest held in September is awesome you guys should come out one year.

Home brewer here. Frequency erratic, tends to be for holiday parties and birthdays - so a few times a year. Ales here specifically porters and nut browns would be my preference although I take orders.

DIY'd some mild HF etched glasses for lady's birthday a yr ago. Party was in Tahoe so I etched the glasses with a big Lake Tahoe image. Sort of like the Keep Tahoe Blue stickers.

You think reefers are nuts there's a subculture of glass etchers you can read about on their web forums!!!! Thank God for the internet.

So it may be mid-afternoon in the states but here in Belgium the sun has been down for hours:

belgiumNetherlands005.jpg

Dubbles, tripels, fruitbiers. You can see from the caps left we need to restock quickly.

Tony is that the rochefort grand cru on the end? I can't tell.
Grand cru is a damn good beer.

Did you say you went shopping for those? Ours were hand delivered we didn't even have to move ;)

That be this one:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/207/3842

Next to it however, is Ichtegem's Grand Cru.

Rodenbach Grand Cru is on my list to get!

Back