Jestersix

best buy black friday sale

hahaha I saw that once also. They said 44% off msrp.... Alot of what we take for granted as the "price" is teh street price.. No where close to msrp...

I live near the Richmond Costco, and since I needed a few things I thought I'd go and check it out at a little after 9am this morning. My thinking was that if it was really crazy busy I'd just turn around and go home. Much to my surprise there were fewer people than normal! I went in, got the things I needed, and had no wait in the checkout line, really! Costco seems to have planned for a larger crowd as there were plenty of checkers and helpers. There were a number of people who had plasma TV's in their carts, but otherwise normal goings-on.

Marine Depot rep said:
Thank you for your post, I apologize for the confusion, the 44% off comes from the list price of 749.99 which is a suggested retail selling price. The price of 419.99 is an advertised price, not a sale price.

Suggested retail selling price? Good god, they'd never sell those things if ANYONE sold them that high

Wow, that's an interesting way to sell the Vortech.

On a side note, anyone received any e-mail from Amazon regarding their BF sales? I was tempted to get some of the Blu-Rays for $9.99 but didn't pull the trigger at the end.
The price of electronics are very interesting this year (in a good way) =)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5345.msg66323#msg66323 date=1227891642]
Only manufacturers raise MSRP - manufacturer suggested retail price :) A dealer can raise their own price, but they can't legally touch the MSRP or MAP.
[/quote]

Then a lot of ppl break that law.

Go to Walmart and look at a TV, read the side and you will see the MSRP, then go to a high end store and read the tag the MSRP will be higher. MSRP I don't think falls into a lawful offense to change, as many products have multiable MRSP's depending on what part of the country they are being sold.

Back