Jestersix

BEST DAY EVAR! :D

Just trying to help you out :)

Pics when you get em of the new hatch please ;)

OK. I actually have pictures and video of the first hatch (and the fry are actually visible!), but I never got around to uploading them. I'll try and do that soon. :)

All of the batches decide to hatch right after I go to bed at like midnight. I woke up this morning and found more than half of the eggs left, so I'll try again tonight. :)

They always hatch unexpectedly. I checked every 10 minutes, but never shined the flashlight on the eggs. Then I decided to shine it on the eggs to check, and they were all gone! :(

Guess what?
After looking at picture on Nano-reef.com of newly hatched clownfish and asking a question, I just realized what I raised wasn't baby clownfish. What I described my baby "clownfish" as turns out to be baby mysis shrimp. No wonder I failed. I can't believe I wasted my rotifers on those.
What I raised was transparent, had big eyes, had a tail like a dolphin, and was really small. :tired:
2283585.gif

Gonna try again at my failure summer of next year. Maybe clownfish will be easier to raise than mysis shrimp. |(

My SA Fancy Ocellaris are going through their first pre-spawning rituals. They're vigorously bitting at the rock under their Frogspawn while shaking, and then swimming up and down over the rock like my Black Ocellaris do when they lay eggs. This is the same month my Black Occys started their dry run-throughs last year, so hopefully I'll get them to spawn by April, which is when my Black Occys started spawning last year. :bigsmile:

Back