Our mission

BEST DAY EVAR! :D

well stomach color was just his indicator of food, since he had orange food otohime(bbs skipped) he could see when they had their bellys full of it. Silver was more the default, not necessarily because of rots but since they were not orange like the other this was the conclusion. Even in the presence of otohime feedings the fry that refused to morph never had an orange belly. once the rots were killed off they got orange bellies full of otohime and meta'ed. This was also a one time occurrence so yeah, in the wild NS would have weeded them out. But it's something to consider since off hand occurrences like this can sometimes reveal something.

but anyway, where are those videos!

Not sure what went wrong, but I don't think that batch is going to make it. :(
I have one left, and even if he survives I'll probably keep him for the memory of my first batch.
I have another batch hatching on Saturday, so maybe I'll have better luck. I'll set the temperature higher this time because I was having troubles getting it above 78. At least I know what to do now. :)

Did you do enough water changes?

I'm no expert, but it's my impression that ammonia control and water quality are the typical big issues.

It was for me when I tried to raise the frogfishes that hatched.

Euphyllia said:
Not sure what went wrong, but I don't think that batch is going to make it. :(
I have one left, and even if he survives I'll probably keep him for the memory of my first batch.
I have another batch hatching on Saturday, so maybe I'll have better luck. I'll set the temperature higher this time because I was having troubles getting it above 78. At least I know what to do now. :)

Are you protecting the fry from the heater?
Tip: take a 6" fish bag, fill with tank water, submerse heater into it and rubber band off the top. This will allow the heater to heat the water but not allow contact to much hotter water for the larvae.

Nothing may have gone wrong. First batch usually doesn't work out :) Keep at it ;)

Groove Armada FTW!

Groove_Armada.jpg

:O Oh look they're on a boat

LOL. I got to thinking and I believe they hatched when I turned off the lights this morning for a bit. I was working on the light bulbs because I need to replace one. That should have given them enough time to hatch. Earlier this morning there were still hundreds, but after I turned off the lights and turned them back on there are only 5 or so. 5 if better than nothing. My mom said she was very disappointed and she wanted them to survive. The female is getting really fat again so I should have more eggs soon. But hey, 5 is better than nothing! I'll try my best with the 5 if I can get them.

Back