Neptune Aquatics

BIG tank moving help wanted

I'm in need of some strong arms to help me move a tank from Burlingame to San Francisco on Saturday September 10th.
we'll provide pizza+drinks

LMK please.

Tank will be empty by then or as an optimistic person might say, full of air.
I can get a suburban but seems I might need an open bed pick up truck to get the equipment lift needed to "levitate" the tank out.
I'll check and make sure to post a time for the move.
Hey Arnold, this is a mini tank moving tour taking place on the weekends ;)
Mike, I was promised the sweater since you didn't pick it up.

No fair, the sweater can not legally be part of any deal since he didn't own said sweater in the first place!! :D

Just to be clear, is this Bryan's tank? Because that think is a beast, they had used a lift to get it up, suction cup handles to hold it, hell I even think they had to cut part of the railing away from the stair case. At the very least lift straps should be used because I don't think I'd trust the finger tip strength of a dozen people on that tank :D

I'll be there to help one way or another, wife has been taking the car for the weekends but I'll find a way, if I have a car I can help put equipment or other things too, unfortunately I won't know until that weekend.

Where did all the live stock go? Or is that taking a trip in various containers as well?

It is definately not your standard 180 as far as weight goes.

See the pics from the beginning of my tank build for the actual move start on page 11 post 113.
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/2478?page=11

Ahh fond memories... I tweaked my back earlier that week and couldn't lift my own junk much less a tank :D

That said Bry, you need/want help removing the stuff from the tank? Earlier that day? Or the previous day(s)?

In theory, we are moving the livestock and some of the stuff tonight. Might need some help disconnecting a few things before but most of it was done with unions so hopefully the main difficulty will one getting it out the door and over that railing. Once it is on the ground it is a piece of cake.

Side note, I think I had though that that sweatshirt was Eileen's and not yours. I do still have it.

Also. If you are interested, I have a few pieces that I need to distribute out to some people that might be difficult to hold once the bulk of the livestock is gone. Swing by tonight if you are interested. Think we are getting started at 6:30

WHOAH is that puppy overbuilt! wth!?

Anyway, I'll measure the wagon n see if the height+width would be a problem.

* bbl, off to the gym to do some bulking up :tired:

seminolecpa said:
In theory, we are moving the livestock and some of the stuff tonight. Might need some help disconnecting a few things before but most of it was done with unions so hopefully the main difficulty will one getting it out the door and over that railing. Once it is on the ground it is a piece of cake.
I'll bring my saw we'll just a hole in the side of the house :D

Side note, I think I had though that that sweatshirt was Eileen's and not yours. I do still have it.
Yeah that was mine from the bunker meeting, stupid me left SF and it was crap weather... but of course there it wasn't.

Also. If you are interested, I have a few pieces that I need to distribute out to some people that might be difficult to hold once the bulk of the livestock is gone. Swing by tonight if you are interested. Think we are getting started at 6:30
[/quote]
I think I can manage that, maybe a bit after 6:30 but not too much later. Need any containers (those large ass ones you stuck me with :D)? 10g tanks to move stuff? buckets? shamwows for water cleanup?

Back