Reef nutrition

Black Egg crate louver (light diffuser)

I called them and they said it's styrene.
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2033.msg37302#msg37302 date=1205278720]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2033.msg19879#msg19879 date=1178309164]
Here is the cheapest place I have found for Black Egg Crate Louver. If anyone has a better source please chime in :)

http://www.outwater.com/

https://www2.archpro.com/cgi-bin/worderc?confc=B2C&s=L2-BK*&source=catalog

L2-BK BLACK EGG CRATE LOUVER BLACK (1/2"X1/2"X 5/16" 2'x4'15/CASE) 1-14 sheets $11.35 15 sheets and up $9.50

[/quote]

What's wrong with that source?
[/quote]

The black? Really? Glues just fine and styrene usually doesn't react the same as arcylic when glued.

I have another source but only by the case. I need a few myself so maybe I'll buy a case and sell the rest :)

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2033.msg37315#msg37315 date=1205281966]
Gresh here is a nice article on the egg crate that most people don't know about

http://forum.marinedepot.com/Topic24384-13-1.aspx
[/quote]

:lol: Well he's wrong about one thing, the size. Thus far Boston Aqua Farms and I both have found around 6 various sizes and only one of them is what he mentions. Every manufacturer makes their own size which slightly verys from others. The rest is correct though :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2033.msg37326#msg37326 date=1205283867]
The black? Really? Glues just fine and styrene usually doesn't react the same as arcylic when glued.

I have another source but only by the case. I need a few myself so maybe I'll buy a case and sell the rest :)[/quote]
Yeah I've talked to several people who sounded interested so I was thinking the same thing but you know a lot more people than I do you it would take me a lot longer to sell it. In other words if you find it put me down for a sheet :) I tried to get Bryan to buy a case for the club but he wouldn't go for it :D plus I haven't found any.

Crap, using real names :( Which Bryan :D

I'll dig up the link and post it here when I get home. I'm trying to leave work right now so I'm keeping this short.

BTW IIRC the price per case was like $200 + shipping for 10 sheets?

I believe the price for acrylic sheets has been over $30 a sheet + shipping but I could be wrong. Curious to see what you find out Gresham.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2033.msg37405#msg37405 date=1205350941]
If it's black acrylic sheets I'm in for a sheet.
[/quote]
Same (assuming the price isn't outrageous)

Sorry, I'm going for the black styrene as I like the algae :lol:

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=2033.msg37412#msg37412 date=1205351785]
I don't think Gresham was volunteering to do a group buy. Perhaps someone wants to take the reigns and make it happen?

Not it.
[/quote]

There's not a snow balls chance in hell that I would head up a group buy! if I buy a case, I'll have like 4 sheets left over and for those I would simply sell them at cost via the forum, but I am not going to collect funds, pester people to pay or pick-up, etc. Not worth it. I'd rather run my foot over with a fork lift or poke my eye with palythoa ridden spear tips then run a group buy :D

I got a call into an old friend who is a purchasing agent for a large electrical supply house . he said he would check into a source . this is also NOT a volunteer for anything other than mabey a source . and if you need help with the fork lift ....... ill drive :)

Meh, Toyota Certified fork lifter operator here :) Let me know, I'm interested in a case of black acrylic :D

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2033.msg37419#msg37419 date=1205352963]There's not a snow balls chance in hell that I would head up a group buy! [...] I'd rather run my foot over with a fork lift or poke my eye with palythoa ridden spear tips then run a group buy :D
[/quote]

Ok, so how much is the paypal to you?

:D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2033.msg37487#msg37487 date=1205416731]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2033.msg37419#msg37419 date=1205352963]There's not a snow balls chance in hell that I would head up a group buy! [...] I'd rather run my foot over with a fork lift or poke my eye with palythoa ridden spear tips then run a group buy :D
[/quote]

Ok, so how much is the paypal to you?

:D
[/quote]

My GB's tend to be more expensive then if one where to go out and buy it themselves :D $20 sheet market up double + over head would be like $50 a sheet. Oh, and add the 3% as well :lol:

Back