Jestersix

Black eggcrate source: found

Just so that it's out there and in case I don't remember the site later, here's a link to ordering 2'x4' sheets of black eggcrate.
1-4 sheets 13.50ea
5-24 sheets 13.15 ea
25+ sheets 10.80 ea

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Lighting_Diffusers/B-EGG-375X2X4

Enjoy!

BTW: Ridout Plastics (B&M of eplastics.com) is located in San Diego if anyone is ever down there.

edit: Total for 1 sheet shipped to 94087 is $22.50

http://www.eplastics.com/Plastic/Lighting_Diffusers/B-EGG-375X2X4
im not sure if that was the cheapest? but should be ok price. lots of places to get it just look online.. most places sell bulk around 200 dollar min if under 200 theres a 30 extra fee.can also look under louvers egg crate
http://www.goodmart.com/products/1101445.htm

The Black Egg Crate I ordered from Bulk Reef Supply last week has been canceled due to that they are out of stock. Has anyone ordered from the eplastics site listed above?.... Or know of somewhere else to get two 2'x4' sheets of BEC?

Hiya Jeff,
If you order want to make one together. We can split shipping. Can give you money for my part tommorrow at swap. ~amy

that'll work.... trying to firm up a site to order from today so I can get the order done. I know there are many places on the web to order from but would rather order from a place that someone here on BAR has done and had a good experience with. I'll update you and let you know.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=5338.msg66261#msg66261 date=1227812540]
Anyone find the black ABS eggcrate?
[/quote]

Acrylic yes (but no longer), never seen ABS (or heard of) though :(

i bought a sheet from eplastics.com a couple weeks ago. they shipped fast and packed extremely well. they used a ton of cardboard and my sheet arrived safely. very professional!

cool... that's what I'll do then. Amy... you still want to go in together? I think I'll go ahead and order before Tuesday (next shipping day). How much do you want?

You guys should try Karson first at Aquatic Collection (BAR sponsor). I know he got in a bunch of sheets of black egg crate for the store (new store in hayward) and is willing to sell some off. His email is live-corals at sbcglobal.net

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=5338.msg85728#msg85728 date=1236018951]
ahh somehow I missed this. :'( Sorry Jeff, if you ordered extra lemme know and Ill pick it up. If not thanks for asking.
[/quote]

If your still interested I did end up getting 3 sheets from Rideout Plastics. They were $13.50 a sheet with shipping of 12.95 and 3.14 sales tax. I have one full sheet leftover that I do not need. If you want it a third of the order comes to $18.87. I can bring it to the upcoming BOD, meet you at a LFS in my area or you can pick up. Let me know.

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=5338.msg85887#msg85887 date=1236053095]
yep yep want it. let me see when is best for me in the near future Jeff. Thanks ~amy
[/quote]

No prob amy... I do want to try and get it sold by the BOD meeting in two weeks if at all possible. I just picked up 3 Vortechs and 2 backup batteries and I promised my wife that I would sell all this aquarium equipment, supplies and tanks I've got laying around everywhere to compensate a little. I'll be starting a FS/WTT thread here pretty soon this week.

Back