Jestersix

Black eggcrate source: found

Thinking without justification won't work :p
Confirm first, but pretty sure people have used that krylon IN a reef without any problems.

I never heard anyone use it before. I assume that paint barely safe for reef in the first place because some of them does leak out to the water, Especially saltwater.

That's odd Nanocube-boy as I've heard it being used for nearly a decade now. I've used it with now problem and I know ~30-40 others that have done the same.

that's exactly the use I and the ones I mentioned used it for :D

Gresham, how long have you had the painted PVC in your tank. I am setting up the overflow which is semi-transparent in my new cube, and trying to decide either buying the white PVC pipes and paint them black (don't want to see the white PVC), or go through the pain and buy black/grey PVC online. I read on RC, and some people complained that the paint came off one or two years after. I am wondering if they paint the PVC correctly. Thanks.

Ditto. It takes some effort to chip it off. I went to a tank we set-up in 92000 the other week and the painted pipe is perfect in that tank since it never gets any physical contact when cleaning the tank.

I did it before and using one small PVC elbow in my tank right now. Sand the PVC really good then paint. Have fun getting it off after that :bigsmile: ..

Thanks Phong for sharing the trick. I have one more question for you painting experts. I like to paint black the plumbing in the overflow box, the back of the tank, and the styrofoam padding below the tank, hopefully all with one Krylon spray paint. Is this a good idea? Should I use gloss, satin, or flat type? I am thinking about using satin, but like to check first.

Is there any place local to find Krylon fusion spray paint? I checked HD, Lowes, Sears, and Orchard Supply, and none of them carries it :(.

Tong, I used the can paint for plastic at OSH. It's called Rust-Oleum. I'm suck at spraying so I had to use two cans to paint the back of the 40G breeder :(.

Back