Bob's 225

Discussion in 'Tank Journals' started by tankguy, Apr 16, 2016.

1. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

So here I will attempt to keep the progress for my new project. It's the Leemar tank from AC here in Hayward. I love the size and depth of this tank. It's a 6 L x 2 1/2 W x 2 ft H. Lots of room to work with. This tank will follow the same way all my other tanks have , keeping things simple. I love a mixed reef with both sps and lps. I'm all for color more than anything. This thread will be low on tech mostly cause I'm not a tech guy. I've had lots of success and some failure along the way. I'd like to thank Capital One for the financing. And I'll thank Mike ( coralreefer ) in advance for hooking this thing up. Yes I suck at puzzles too.

Attached Files:

coral4me and Coral reefer like this.
  2. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

a little bit of cleaning for today

Attached Files:

3. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

I remember the day that Joe and Karson picked up this tank at Ian's.
    A new home, a new life
    Oh the possibilities
    Good luck, and happy reefing

Coral reefer likes this.
  4. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Thanks Erin , by the way how are those drums doing?

5. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

Well loved
    But not as much use as time will permit

tankguy likes this.
  6. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yup lots of good mojo coming from that tank, I'm sure it will do well in your care

tankguy likes this.
  7. Apon

Apon Volunteer

nice

8. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

image.jpg image.jpg Small update - tank is together and waters being made. Hoping to have it filled by Sunday if all goes well.im using all the same equipment that AC used. I'm going to give these radion LEDs a shot. I've always used MH in the past with the exception of Kessils. So basically I'm going to see if I like them over time.

Attached Files:

Kmooresf, Ahruk and Coral reefer like this.
  9. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Tank is finally running. Seemed like it took forever to fill it. Now just waiting on the heater to get the whole tank up

Kmooresf likes this.
  10. MolaMola

MolaMola Guest

Water only or with sand? In garage? So exciting to set up a new tank!

11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Come on man give us a wet shot :D

Coral reefer likes this.
  12. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

There is sand for the wrasses Id like to keep. Ive kept most of the front of the tank bare bottom with the sand on the sides and behind the rock. Its in the garage due to its weight

13. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

wet shot coming soon

Coral reefer, Enderturtle and bee505 like this.
  14. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

So I didn't f*ck up the plumbing then?
    Finally got mine done today. Was way worse than yours.

15. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Nope you and Joe did a killer job. Very small leak at the return pump. Now thats is fully up and running I'll keep an eye on it. Just added the first round of fish ( 2 Banggia Cardinals ) Funny to watch look for each other in that tank. Took them awhile but they finally found each other

16. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Where's the leak exactly? Union, or right where plumbing meets pump?

17. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

It was hard to see. It wasn't spraying out just a slow drip. Gonna check it again but it seemed like it was from the under side not near the bulk heads

18. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Underside of pump? That coukd be from the seal. I think joe said he replaced it, maybe it didn't get seated just right. Id ask him

19. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I was there today. Ofcourse they just had to have some awesome wrasses.

20. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I finally added some coral to test the tank. Added a sunset monti , meteor shower , superman monti , apple berry monti , Cali tort. Added my pintail wrasse as well. All doing wel, so far. In qt are a male pink margin and 2 leopard wrasses.