Cali Kid Corals

Bolick's 55gal mixed reef

Sounds like you need to dump some cheap dried flakes and pellets in! Haha

Edit: nope, its more frozen food you need, I knew I got it backwards

Last edited:
Small picture update:

Looking good overall! Full sized skimmer and fuge making nutrient control much easier than the biocube. Tank starting to fill out, especially after the swap! Now, I just need to patiently let things grow in :)

Also, any way to change the name of this thread? Would like to have it reflect the upgraded tank.

FTS:

IMG_2184.jpg

Budding euphyllia garden (thanks @svreef for the hammer and frogspawn from the swap!)

IMG_2189.jpg

How compatible are torches/hammers/frogspawns when it comes to touching each other?

IMG_2193.JPG

Favia encrusting:

IMG_2185.JPG

Budding monti rock (Mostly from @Coral reefer IIRC)
IMG_2186.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2185.JPG
    IMG_2185.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 126
After using the PAR meter, it seems that I need to turn my lights up!

PAR map at 40% blue/40% white/40% royal on 2x AI sol (This is what the tank's been on for the past couple of months)
40par.png

PAR map after turning up to 80% blue/80% white/80% royal on 2x AI sol
80par.png

Spread seems OK, but I definitely need to get closer to the second setup. Recommendations on how fast I should bring the intensity up?

After using the PAR meter, it seems that I need to turn my lights up!

PAR map at 40% blue/40% white/40% royal on 2x AI sol (This is what the tank's been on for the past couple of months)
View attachment 29508

PAR map after turning up to 80% blue/80% white/80% royal on 2x AI solView attachment 29509

Spread seems OK, but I definitely need to get closer to the second setup. Recommendations on how fast I should bring the intensity up?
I would suggest getting to 70 w, 85 b, 100 rb. I’d go up maybe 5 on each channel per week or two

Seeing more clown-on-clown aggression than before, even though the smaller male appears to be submitting. The female seems to have taken a decent chunk out of the male's tail... Should I intervene or let the pairing behavior continue?

From what I see in my clowns, normal. Tail webbing grows back : ) Just tonight, watching a 5x-size female harassing the male, the male deked and dodged and came back and nipped her tail when she wasn't looking. They remind me of my cats.

From what I see in my clowns, normal. Tail webbing grows back : ) Just tonight, watching a 5x-size female harassing the male, the male deked and dodged and came back and nipped her tail when she wasn't looking. They remind me of my cats.
Reassuring to hear :) mean little fish!

Seems like the clowns have mellowed - they're semi-peacefully sharing the anemone now. Remarkably, the male clown's fin has healed and re-grown completely in only 10 days!

Reef running nicely - starting to dose AFR as my SPS are starting to grab quite a bit of Ca.

Alveopora's been looking kinda weird lately - when the lights come on, the polyps look like they're "breaking", and these weird lines disappear towards the end of the day. Anyone seen this before?

IMG_2344.JPG

Back