Cali Kid Corals

Bonus/Ultra LPS and Softies List for Member Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wlachnit

Past President
We have updated the Bonus Round Soft Corals and LPS list for the upcoming swap. A big shoutout to @Vhuang168 and @Bruce Spiegelman for compiling this list. If you believe a coral is worthy of being on this list, please make your request here.

Bonus Soft Corals
Bicolor Rock flower Anemone
Rainbow Bubble Tipped Anemone
Red St. Thomas Mushroom
Superman Rhodactus

Ultra Soft Corals and others:
Jawbreaker Mushroom
Bounce Mushroom
Eclectus Mushroom
Interstellar Mushroom
Kryptonite Mushroom

Bonus Round LPS Corals:
3 head - Bi-color Hammer
2 head - Bi-color Frogspawn
2 head - Bi-color Torch
1 head - Branching Gold Hammer
2 Head Aussie Highlighter Hammer
2 head Aussie Pink-Tip Torch
1 head - Orange Crush Acan
1 head - Rainbow Acan
2 Head - Blastos
3 eyes - Mummy Eye Chalice
3 Eyes - Goldmeister Chalice
3 Eyes - Avatar Chalice
2 Eyes – JF Pinata Chalice
3 Eyes - Watermelon Chalice
3 Eyes - WWC Space Invader Chalice
1 Inch - JF Freak Hair
1 Inch - JF Dayglo Favia
Small Ora Red Gonioporra
Small Pink Gonioporra
1 Head – Dendrophyllia
1 Inch or more - Fungia Plate

Ultra LPS Corals:
1 head - Indo Gold Torch
1 head - Australian Gold Torch
1 inch - Space Invader Pectinia
1 head - Tyree Elegance
1 inch - AOA Molten Lava Leptoseris
1 eye - CB Flaming Bugatti Chalice
2 eyes - JF My Miami Chalice
2 eye - Bazooka Joe Chalice
2 eye - Pink Boobie Chalice
1 Inch - CC Full Tilt Favia
Scoly’s

Last edited by a moderator:
You can bring as many duplicates as you want, how many times they count as a "bonus" is different though. Same thing for the proper swap, you need 3 different to qualify, but if you have those 3 different ones and then 10 additionals of one of those corals you still are good to go.

From the swap thread, first post
Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
  • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
So you can bring 2 of one bonus coral to count as 2 of your 3 bonuses

How about a Goldmeister chalice for the list?

Day_0884_20190214_1027.jpg

I know you can't bring three of the same corals for entry, is it the same for bonus round corals?
For every set of 3 qualifying for a bonus ticket, 2 can be the same and 1 different. This can repeat for additional bonus tickets.

So say you have several A and B bonus frags to share, you could use the following for 3 tickets, as an extreme example:
A A B
A A B
A B B

Of course the goal is diversity so if you have more of a variety to share that would be great.

Really John? I misread that then, I thought only a 2 of any one particular coral could be counted towards bonuses. If you had 9 corals, 6 of A, 3 B, you could effectively have 3 corals of A count for 1 bonus ticket, and then that twice, and 3 corals of B count for another simply due to reordering AAB, AAB, AAB

Well that's why you guys make the big bucks. :D

Really John? I misread that then, I thought only a 2 of any one particular coral could be counted towards bonuses. If you had 9 corals, 6 of A, 3 B, you could effectively have 3 corals of A count for 1 bonus ticket, and then that twice, and 3 corals of B count for another simply due to reordering AAB, AAB, AAB

Well that's why you guys make the big bucks. :D
It’s not written in stone by any means but that was the rule from the last swap. If I’ve got it wrong I’m open to being corrected though :)

We talked about revising it for this time to make it more restrictive, but for now kept it the same with the goal of getting more bonus coral available. For the newer members, remember that for each 3 bonus corals brought, that member gets 1 pick in bonus rounds so 2/3rds of the corals are available to everyone else in the regular rounds. Pretty awesome.

Also the bonus lists were revised to delete the more common corals to prevent flooding of them. There are good arguments to be made for either way of doing it, and people should let us know what they think.

Maybe pay attention to how it goes at this swap and we can discuss right after when it’s fresh in people’s minds.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at all. I just had interpreted what I read a bit differently, and not saying I'm right or you're wrong at all.

I'm an analytics guy, part of the reason I like to police the coral area as my job, I get a feel for what's happening, I see people when they hand their corals over to go, notice trends, which is why I tend to sound quite chatty after swaps.

I was only going to bring enough for one bonus ticket for me and one bonus for another member, I'll have to chop up the rainbow acans tomorrow.

Thanks for the info.

JF My Miami rightly moved to ultra. Miami Hurricane de-listed.

Requests for inclusion:

Goldmeister - no
Pink Chalice - no

Reason for both - Ultra and bonus corals are those that are in high demand and have a decent perceived value. While Goldmeister is a named coral from a known high-end dealer it has limited demand and can, in fact, be found fairly cheaply.

JF My Miami rightly moved to ultra. Miami Hurricane de-listed.

Requests for inclusion:

Goldmeister - no
Pink Chalice - no

Reason for both - Ultra and bonus corals are those that are in high demand and have a decent perceived value. While Goldmeister is a named coral from a known high-end dealer it has limited demand and can, in fact, be found fairly cheaply.

Ok. I can agree to that and no sweat off my back, but then I have to wonder why something like a blasto, bi-color ricordea or bi-color rock flower anemone is on there. They can be bought at a least couple LFS right now for under $30-40. Even cheaper if bought from a hobbyist. I'd even argue that the demand isn't that great for them either because AC has a whole box of rock flower nems and ton of bi-color ricordeas still on their racks. Same goes for pretty much any acan (Micromussa) as any LFS has tons of them in stock now for $30 or less for a single head. Seems since the Indo ban, micromussa are being heavily imported.

Indo gold torches should probably be bumped to ultra status on that logic because they are both in extreme demand and high in price at the moment.

Sure a Goldmeister can be found online for $40-50 through a hobbyist, but locally? Only place you'll find it is at Neptune's for $80 or more. Demand is mostly subjective, so I won't argue on that point.

I guess the criteria is confusing to me (as it always has been).

Ok. I can agree to that and no sweat off my back, but then I have to wonder why something like a blasto, bi-color ricordea or bi-color rock flower anemone is on there. They can be bought at a least couple LFS right now for under $30-40. Even cheaper if bought from a hobbyist. I'd even argue that the demand isn't that great for them either because AC has a whole box of rock flower nems and ton of bi-color ricordeas still on their racks. Same goes for pretty much any acan (Micromussa) as any LFS has tons of them in stock now for $30 or less for a single head. Seems since the Indo ban, micromussa are being heavily imported.

Indo gold torches should probably be bumped to ultra status on that logic because they are both in extreme demand and high in price at the moment.

Sure a Goldmeister can be found online for $40-50 through a hobbyist, but locally? Only place you'll find it is at Neptune's for $80 or more. Demand is mostly subjective, so I won't argue on that point.

I guess the criteria is confusing to me (as it always has been).
It's not a perfect system but who has time to sift through every available coral and judge supply/demand.

I personally think goldmiester is fine for bonus, its nice enough to where I would be happy if I picked it up during the bonus rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back