Neptune Aquatics

BP oil did the damage to our sea... Are you upset about it? I am!

The delta probably would be in a little better shape if it was diked off at every corner. No worries, one big storm and all of Sac and Delta areas will be under water.

We did get a little nervous in '84(?) when the Stanislaus was at the levee, I lived very, very close and would have been underwater if the river rose a couple more feet. It did make for some good fishing the following summer :D

I'm surprised we haven't heard much in the way of "danger danger" from them this year. I thought the snow pack was pretty intense this year and the spring thaw was going to be unreal?

BTW, it was the winter of 82/83 when we had the really bad winter & spring floods.

Most food industries contribute to global... harm. The trucks, the energy the use, and the gas they burn to make stuff. In-deed, they are global killer!

Did anyone watch the President respond to oil Spill today on Kron4? It's on live right now!

Where is NPR? National Public Radio? We have several stations in the Bay Area. Google will reveal them for you ;)

NPR (locally KQED) is simply amazing. They have many shows that I routinely listen to. I used to listen to music all the time. Now I listen to NPR 90% of the time over music.

I'm a fan of (some aren't actually NPR, but other public stations like PRI)
This American Life
Science Friday
The Moth
Wait Wait...
Fresh Air
Splendid Kitchen

and sometimes a couple others.

Gomer said:
NPR (locally KQED) is simply amazing. They have many shows that I routinely listen to. I used to listen to music all the time. Now I listen to NPR 90% of the time over music.

I'm a fan of (some aren't actually NPR, but other public stations like PRI)
This American Life
Science Friday
The Moth
Wait Wait...
Fresh Air
Splendid Kitchen

and sometimes a couple others.

Yeah I am with you Tony. Love the station. I like
Scinence Friday
Talk of the Nation
Wait Wait
Car Talk

We have more then KQED for NPR :) KWED is the strongest signal though.

http://www.npr.org/

SF Bay Area
KQED-FM: 88.5
KALW-FM: 91.7
KCSM-FM: 91.1

Monterey Bay Area
KUSP-FM: 89.1
KQED-FM: 88.5
KUSP-FM: 88.9
KAZU-FM: 90.3

Barack Obama is taking back BP's gift and use that fund and taxes them more to research before safe fuel resources, but what i do not get, why not use a little fund to clean the mess up. Unless they have enough fund and resources to clean up.

When the lawsuits are over, both civil and criminal, the full amount taken from BP will be a heck of a lot more then any little gift BP is going to bestow upon us.

I dunno about bankrupting them, but some will go to jail and the company will be paying a hefty sum of money. I think if we bankrupted them, the UK and Us wouldn't be as close. BP is like what, the 5th largest company on the planet?

Isn't Safeway and Cosco gas from BP?

GreshamH said:
I dunno about bankrupting them, but some will go to jail and the company will be paying a hefty sum of money. I think if we bankrupted them, the UK and Us wouldn't be as close. BP is like what, the 5th largest company on the planet?

I hope they can spare at least a trillion then, because cleanup costs are going to be well over that amount.

GreshamH said:
Isn't Safeway and Cosco gas from BP?

IIRC yes, so's most of Shell gas, which is ironic, at least around here, because Arco is the cheapest and Shell is by far the most expensive :~

Back