got ethical husbandry?

BP oil did the damage to our sea... Are you upset about it? I am!

The blame should be squarely on BP and Transatlantic. Neither Bush nor Obama caused it, and the blame towards either is pretty laughable. The criticism for Obama's response, or lack of, isn't justified- the govt. can't fix it. There'd be even more criticism if Bush were prez, but that's another story.

nudibranch said:
The government sent an official to inspect the offshore rig not to long before the spill and that person's job was to make sure the rig was safe. I am almost certain that that person passed the offshore rig as safe. Also there is a guy who made this stuff that "eats" the oil, but the government won't fund him.

Actually that gov't official and a crew of five people were on the rig six hours before it blew. The official saw them pumping water into the bore hole and said "don't do that please", the rig operators said, "screw you" so the gov't official called for a private helicopter to come pick him and his coworkers up, shortly after they got picked up the rig blew. You can thank some of our finest republicans for the deregulation that allowed little to no oversight and gives them little to no teeth when it comes to safety issues, Reagan for one, the Bush oil family (father and son), and everybody's favorite piece of &^%# America hater that wraps himself in the flag Darth Vader, I mean Dick Cheney. Seriously, they're oil guys right? WTF are they now when the country needs help? Waiting to blame Obama is what I reckon (this coming from someone that really doesn't care for Obama).

Politics will unfortunately always be defined as choosing the lesser of two evils.

Btw, I think I read somewhere in my morning reading that gov't officials now estimated the spill at 60,000 barrels a day...

60,000 x 50 (Don't recall exact number of days since) ~~ 3,000,000 ... Quite an impressive amount...
They're also being allowed to burn what ever is captured at sea..So first pollute the sea, then the air...Nice.

I saw something on World News or whatever news channel broadcasting before the disgraceful finals game last night that showed scientists in FL trying to "save the reefs". They were basically assembling HUGE frag racks of what looked to be clothes lines and hanging corals from them. Also saw them gluing frags to big rocks in hopes that someday they would recreate the reefs once thriving in the area. Just saw this as another story of the little guy fighting the wake left behind from mega corps. I doubt these efforts would have any real effect, but best wishes to them and all the applause for their efforts.

And that's 3 million barrels, not gallon. Wouldn't that be 3,000,000x55 to get the gallon count? 165 million gallons? How much are they being charged per gallon again?

iCon said:
Politics will unfortunately always be defined as choosing the lesser of two evils.

Btw, I think I read somewhere in my morning reading that gov't officials now estimated the spill at 60,000 barrels a day...

60,000 x 50 (Don't recall exact number of days since) ~~ 3,000,000 ... Quite an impressive amount...
They're also being allowed to burn what ever is captured at sea..So first pollute the sea, then the air...Nice.

I saw something on World News or whatever news channel broadcasting before the disgraceful finals game last night that showed scientists in FL trying to "save the reefs". They were basically assembling HUGE frag racks of what looked to be clothes lines and hanging corals from them. Also saw them gluing frags to big rocks in hopes that someday they would recreate the reefs once thriving in the area. Just saw this as another story of the little guy fighting the wake left behind from mega corps. I doubt these efforts would have any real effect, but best wishes to them and all the applause for their efforts.

Yeah, the last estimate I heard yesterday was 2.7 milliion gallons, that's quite a lot.

I do agree that those folks trying to salvage things down there may be working in vain, like using CPR on a guy that's had his legs ripped off, he's still bleeding.

Back