Neptune Aquatics

Brandie's 210 Upgrade

So a quick little update: added a handful of fish yesterday and another dose of Macrobacter7. Fish batch list has been followed but not to a tee; that's OK, it's more like a guidline anyways. I now have to save up for my jawfish and neon gobies then I can finally start taking out fish from the 90 :) Slowly but surely, everything seems to be coming together slowly!

Planning on getting a biopellet reactor on there at some point, and a reactor for carbon. Lights are still a few weeks off.... The Kessils are starting to grow on me, since I have one Kessil on there now as a temp solution, but I saw Felicia's Maxspec Razor, and I really like that too..... We'll see what happens. :)

Go Niners!!! :p

vybe7uvu.jpg

a5eru5yt.jpg

tytysype.jpg

ameba3e5.jpg

Brandie

I have to say that I'm in love with my two spot bristletooth tang! I finally have up on a white tailed bristletooth tang and grabbed the two spot Matt has had in his fish system for almost a month. Since he was so tiny I out him in the 210; hoping that he'll put on some growth before I add my other tangs. He's about two inches long. In lieu of a mag. foxface (or a foxface of any kind) I got another bristletooth tang. I'm sorry, but I saw a ginormous mag. foxface on Sunday-- this guy had to be pushing a foot long and almost three inches wide. With my precious tangs, I refuse to get a fish that will be bigger and a possible venomous bully-- as gorgeous as they may be. Gotta pick and chose my battles and this one I am choosing to pass by. I really can't upgrade again until we own of own home, lol.

Brandie

Thanks Brandie,
Nice to start my day checking out your cool fish! I can't wait to see how many fish you are able to keep, and the nutrient export methods you use. With all those planned fish, will you be contemplating an auto feed system?

Thanks Brandie,
Nice to start my day checking out your cool fish! I can't wait to see how many fish you are able to keep, and the nutrient export methods you use. With all those planned fish, will you be contemplating an auto feed system?

Haha thank you :)

I swear by autofeeders ;) I have two eheims right now, but may look into the apex ones later on down the line. I keep ocean nutrition formulas one and two in my autofeeders and I have healthy, happy fish. I supplement with frozen every few days or so, depending on what I plan on feeding, then of course keeping seaweed in the tank for everyone.

Brandie

You should check out my 34 fish in my 120g again...its all about balance of what your system can take. : Happy Stocking/ fish choosing.

I have to say that I'm in love with my two spot bristletooth tang! I finally have up on a white tailed bristletooth tang and grabbed the two spot Matt has had in his fish system for almost a month. Since he was so tiny I out him in the 210; hoping that he'll put on some growth before I add my other tangs. He's about two inches long. In lieu of a mag. foxface (or a foxface of any kind) I got another bristletooth tang. I'm sorry, but I saw a ginormous mag. foxface on Sunday-- this guy had to be pushing a foot long and almost three inches wide. With my precious tangs, I refuse to get a fish that will be bigger and a possible venomous bully-- as gorgeous as they may be. Gotta pick and chose my battles and this one I am choosing to pass by. I really can't upgrade again until we own of own home, lol.

Brandie

They, as in the foxface, are just as docile as the tangs you got (thus no worries about the small amount of venom in their spines, and those tangs don't exactly stay small themselves. I've seen full grown two spots imported that were just as large... both are reported to max out around 8 - 9 inches ;)

Alrighty Erin! (@Kensington Reefer) Stay on standby to catch that Achilles! Once my purple and blue look better, I'm going to be transferring them over! I'll keep you posted ^.^

The rest of the fish went over in the 210 today with the exception of the female mandarin. I stressed out my tangs the first time I took out the blenny, wrasse and firefish, so I decided to say "wth" and just go for it. Added everyone today with a healthy dose if microbacter7. The only loss experienced was a female anthias :'( I caught her and her mouth opened and wouldn't shut. She died about 5 min later. :( so now I have 3 females and my male, and I think I'm good. I won't get any more unless I see a problem.

Finally, this whole debacle is almost done. Ugh. Worst upgrade ever lol.

Brandie

We'd love to see pics!

RE: Foxface. I have a one spot. Very NON-aggressive. It spikes up when another fish gets too close, but doesn't advance on the offender. I think the only way my Kole Tang would be hurt by this fish is by attacking the Starry Blenny and accidentally running into the FF! :)

This FF as absolutely destroyed all the Bryopsis I HAD in the tank. It took about 2 weeks, but there is nothing but little nubs of Bryopsis left.

We'd love to see pics!

RE: Foxface. I have a one spot. Very NON-aggressive. It spikes up when another fish gets too close, but doesn't advance on the offender. I think the only way my Kole Tang would be hurt by this fish is by attacking the Starry Blenny and accidentally running into the FF! :)

This FF as absolutely destroyed all the Bryopsis I HAD in the tank. It took about 2 weeks, but there is nothing but little nubs of Bryopsis left.
Wow,
I need to get me one of them there fox face critters!;);)

+1 on Foxface not being aggressive.
Mine seems to be good buddies with my Sailfin Tang. They hang out side by side a lot.
My issue : He is a big pig. He shoves the other fish out of the way when the auto-feeder drops food.
Not mean, but he eats more than his share.

Back