Neptune Aquatics

Casters

patchin

Supporting Member
Theresa would like our next tank to be on casters, to be able to clean up spills and dust more easily around it. Sounds like a lot of weight on small wheels to me. Any thoughts???

Too much weight on small wheels, and exactly what tuberider wrote. NOOOOO!!!!

Btw, I've thought the same before, and always came to same conclusion of it being undoable.

If she gets the floors re-done with tiles then it's way easier to clean up spills and dust around :D

It can be done, I have casters supporting over a ton on some of the equipment they're used on.

Water sloshing can and will distroy a tank in little to no time though.

You also have to concider the fact that the casters can handle the weight but you take all the weight of the tank and put all that pressure into 4 points the size of a dime. the flooring might not be able to handle it over time.

If your floor isn't perfectly flat and level, your stand and tank might twist and you could lose your tank when you move it.

[quote author=jkreefer link=topic=2340.msg23708#msg23708 date=1188073169]
You also have to concider the fact that the casters can handle the weight but you take all the weight of the tank and put all that pressure into 4 points the size of a dime. the flooring might not be able to handle it over time.
[/quote]

I had a 32 gallon Brute partially filled with water sitting on a dolly with small casters. Ended up gouging marks on the wood floor from moving the container around.

Back