Cali Kid Corals

Check your Reef Crystals Salt!

Pshh, I took earth science instead. I ended up teaching the class mostly as the teacher didn't know squat. I had to correct his tests prior to him giving them to the class :D he didn't even know what a convection cell was :(

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2773.msg61223#msg61223 date=1225226853]And your not normal Norm ;)
[/quote]

Haha... I've been told that many many times :D

Do you know how caustic it is mixing your own salt? That will add a whole new level of reefing and knock a major portion of reefers right out of the picture;) It will also add a new ailment to reefing that we'll have to watch for
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2773.msg61231#msg61231 date=1225231006]
I have seen numerous GB's where one would buy all the material and "weigh/measure" it for the rest.
[/quote]

Ok, so the person organizing, premeasuring/packaging is not the average person and in all likely hood, they know what they are doing. This non-average person now ships out a home brew of salt to the average reefer. ..Average reefer gets UPS package containing a bucket of DIY mixed salt. How is this any more dangerous in the caustic sense than someone who opens up a bucket Reef Crystals salt and mixes their own SW? ;)

/DIGGG!!!

Y'know...

People make their own:

- beer
- bread
- pasta
- cheese
- salami
- prosciutto
- hard cider
- yeast cultures

And it all can be better than what you can by at the store. Why not salt?

:D

[quote author=Mr. Ugly link=topic=2773.msg61266#msg61266 date=1225246106]
I'm gonna make my own water too! :D
[/quote]
I think that's the only thing I can make. Not sure it's usable though LOL ...

You aren't making water, you are purifying it. Norm and I will actually make water this coming weekend when we burn hydrogen and oxygen. Better than RO/DI. Going to sell it to the stores at $1.27/uL

We're going to sell a water making kit. It'll come with dewars for liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen, tubing, platinum catalyst, and a 44gal Brute container.

You can buy it as a stand alone kit, or you can add the Oktoberfest upgrade for making your own doppelbock.

Other upgrades will be the roast your own Kopi Luwak kit, the spotless car wash kit, and of course the Brawndo Reef Salt kit (rich in electrolytes that start with the letters M and C).

:D

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2773.msg61257#msg61257 date=1225237321]
Do you know how caustic it is mixing your own salt? That will add a whole new level of reefing and knock a major portion of reefers right out of the picture;) It will also add a new ailment to reefing that we'll have to watch for
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=2773.msg61231#msg61231 date=1225231006]
I have seen numerous GB's where one would buy all the material and "weigh/measure" it for the rest.
[/quote]

Ok, so the person organizing, premeasuring/packaging is not the average person and in all likely hood, they know what they are doing. This non-average person now ships out a home brew of salt to the average reefer. ..Average reefer gets UPS package containing a bucket of DIY mixed salt. How is this any more dangerous in the caustic sense than someone who opens up a bucket Reef Crystals salt and mixes their own SW? ;)

/DIGGG!!!
[/quote]

Add in shipping it VIA UPS with jno discount and it'll be more expensive :p

You just like to argue, er, see yourself type? :p

/done with gomer :lol:

No need to spin in price to get away from losing! This wasn't about price :p You brought up the group buy to begin with.

..ya...arguing is a hobby. ..but you quit! QUITTER!!!

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2773.msg61305#msg61305 date=1225287927]
don't you need hydrogen, oxygen and fire to make water? Why don't you keep things simple? :D
[/quote]

Don't need fire. That's what the platinum catalyst is for :D

Our kit with the liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen is better than the ones with just compressed gases. You can make a lot more water before you have to refill the kit :D

Mike, you can help us with the patent :D

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2773.msg61316#msg61316 date=1225295470]
No need to spin in price to get away from losing! This wasn't about price :p You brought up the group buy to begin with.

..ya...arguing is a hobby. ..but you quit! QUITTER!!!
[/quote]

/tired of chain getting jerked

It sure is indeed about price :) Just why do you think people do group buys? They enjoy the hassle?

No, I need to get to work, plus, you keep taking it to other places :p

duty_calls.png

Back