Reef nutrition

Child Proofing

CaseyP

Treasurer
BOD
I'm going to need to build a canopy soon :eek: this and tidy up all wires, lock cabinets, secure any external hoses.

What ways have kids messed with your tank and what child proofing methods have worked for you?

PXL_20220918_212955586.jpg

Main reason I got arcrylic instead of rimless glass. 3 years old won't listen
sent your kid to school/daycare 5 days a week. tired them out.

Lock up cabinet, minimize cords coming out from cabinet and hide it as best as you can, lid is a must, and don’t put up a chair next to tank to sit and watch because they will learn it and how to get closer to tank.

Agh unfortunately can't move the seating because it's part of a big sectional setup that's centered with the living room. The peninsula tank next to that sectional side was intentional as a room divider....pre-kid hah. Lid or canopy it is!

Since he was born he always loved to sit on the couch there and stare at the tank. He's 10 months now, fully mobile, exploring eeeeverything, and testing his limits on climbing. I guess that's part of the parenting journey of teaching them boundaries without discouraging their curiosity.

It’s cool that he’s interested in the tank and your hobby though. Hobbies that don’t overlap at all with kid duties/interest tend to go away with time when they are little.

There’s a big difference between going to the fish store for your hobby vs taking your kid to his favorite fish store (at least in mom’s eyes).

It’s cool that he’s interested in the tank and your hobby though. Hobbies that don’t overlap at all with kid duties/interest tend to go away with time when they are little.

There’s a big difference between going to the fish store for your hobby vs taking your kid to his favorite fish store (at least in mom’s eyes).
Yeah, was going to express the same... awesome that he so interested at a young age.

My younger daughter (7yo) seems interested in my hobby up to a certain point (proud that she said "duncan" when @JVU asked my girls what were their favorite tank inhabitants), my older one (11yo) almost not at all (although she did say "coral beauty angel" in response to JVU's question about a favorite)... and same with my wife (age TBD =)

Rubber/foam corner guards all the way up they come in all colors and size will look like trim..toys be swing around or airborne..May help with a corner impact not much can do to protect the flats..

Back