Reef nutrition

clownfish pair needed

Hello I am new to the forum Looking for clownfish pairs mainly looking at either black storms ,black storm long fin , mocha storm or mocha storm long fin if you guys have some I would love to chat with you thank you guys again in advance

@COCOPUFFS another member got some nice clowns from clear water aquarium in san jose. Also Violet Sea in Santa Clara is a direct importer and always has lots of nice clowns. I would investigate those avenues.

Clearwater gets his clowns from Kimmie and Jerry. . They are well-known breeders in this area. If you're near Clearwater I would also recommend that store. It is excellent. Other than that I'd stay away from Violet Sea for all fish (my opinion based on my observations over the last 5 years). If you can I'd go directly to the breeders. Send a message via this platform to Kim Pattison.

Clearwater gets his clowns from Kimmie and Jerry. . They are well-known breeders in this area. If you're near Clearwater I would also recommend that store. It is excellent. Other than that I'd stay away from Violet Sea for all fish (my opinion based on my observations over the last 5 years). If you can I'd go directly to the breeders. Send a message via this platform to Kim Pattison.

And what observations were that? I got all my fish except two clowns and the recent hippo and Naso tang from violet sea. Had them for 8 months athey thrived until recently.

When was the last time you went to violet sea? Have you seen the new store? What other store offers a warranty on life stock? I don’t see Neptune, Clearwater or aquatic collection doing this. ONLY one I know that offers a live
Stock guarantee is violet sea.

ED buys from a wholesaler I’ve seen the truck pull up and unload in person.

Violet sea is a direct importer of fish. So yes let’s go to the source. If you want to pay more for a designer or regular clown be my guest. Just know that if the fish dies you will have no warranty .

I can guarantee that all your fish will die!
(Hopefully not soon after purchase)
And if it doesn't, I can get you one that will

that said...
LFS has no control of what happens to the purchased livestock after it leaves the store

IF I sold you a fish, I knew that it was "clean" and feeding
once you leave the store...it's on YOU

I’ve been in this hobby for 30 years Bruce. The only thing that changed is I went from fresh water to salt water.
I am on the same boat with you. I been in aquarium hobby for around 20plus years. I been keeping from plants tank to expensive Asian arowana to highend competition grade flower horn then switch to reef for the last 8 years. To be honest reefing is another thing, it another level, it totally different from fresh water and plants tank. I am still learning and sometimes struggle to keep my mix reef tank happy. It not easy do than said.

@COCOPUFFS storm clown fish is recent strain. For your info, they will take time to host nem. They are not cheap especially the long fins. @Kim Pattison and Jerry is my to go place for those clown. They are nice and knowledgeable with great reputation on clown fish. They live in Stockton and often head to bay area so you can meet up. Another thing is they have nice jawbreaker that they can let go for good deal.

As @Randyadammartin mentioned I just bought a Picasso and Snowflake clownfish at Clear Water. I believe that Ed has a pair of Mocha Storms in the back frag tank. I was tempted to buy but was a little over my budget. I've purchased some gobies in the past and are still alive and well.
Actually I’ve known Ed for about 4 years now before my saltwater tanks I would love goin to him for my predator fish. I’ve always trusted his systems . Just my opinion of course but I’ve never blamed a store for a fish dying after 3 weeks of keeping them

And what observations were that? I got all my fish except two clowns and the recent hippo and Naso tang from violet sea. Had them for 8 months athey thrived until recently.

When was the last time you went to violet sea? Have you seen the new store? What other store offers a warranty on life stock? I don’t see Neptune, Clearwater or aquatic collection doing this. ONLY one I know that offers a live
Stock guarantee is violet sea.

ED buys from a wholesaler I’ve seen the truck pull up and unload in person.

Violet sea is a direct importer of fish. So yes let’s go to the source. If you want to pay more for a designer or regular clown be my guest. Just know that if the fish dies you will have no warranty .
Violet Sea offers a 48 hr warranty (fish only) for walk-ins. At their discretion.

Quote from their website:
For Walk-in customers to our physical location in San Jose, CA: we offer store credit if the fish dies(for fish only, not for invertebrates or corals) within 48 hrs of the purchase (at our discretion). Proof of purchase required. (Send a whole one minute Video to us :Fish should be out of water and on a dry white paper. Video of fish inside the water is not acceptable). Video must be clear and poor quality video will be rejected as we won't be able to determine whether the fish is still alive or dead.

When a customer walks in to the store, and selects the fish that he or she Likes/wants, it is assumed that the fish had met the customer's satisfaction, and after the customer takes the fish home it is his or her responsibility to quarantine the fish properly, Treat the fish properly, keep the fish alive and feed the fish regularly etc. Keep in mind we haven't selected the customer's fish but the customer himself or herself has selected the specimen to his or her liking. It becomes part of the customer's hobby after that point, and we are not responsible for customer's hobby or fish keeping ability in anyway or form. We sell live specimen in good condition, and after the transaction is complete we don't take returns and there is no refund for fish.

For corals and invertebrates we simply don't accept any returns and don't offer any refunds or credits even if they die within 48 hrs. The minute you walk out with the specimens that you liked and purchased, it is your responsibility to keep them alive.

Please read our return and refund policy carefully and understand it before making the purchase. If you have any questions then ask us and we will explain clearly. We offer fish at a reasonable price and this is best we can do at this time. Have a great day!

I just bought two ORA captive bred platinum from liveaquaria two weeks ago. They're a out 3/4-1" I'm afraid they might get bully in my tank. Got them for $80 for both. LMK if you want them.

Back