High Tide Aquatics

Club Majano Wand?

Do you think adding a Majano Wand to the club’s equipment list would be beneficial?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • They don’t work, and I can prove it to you.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I love lamp (AKA I don’t care)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am not BOD, and have not talked to anyone about this, so if it’s not my place please delete and I’ll apologize in advance.

I, like most of you am in a constant battle with about 6 or so aptasia anemones. It’s not enough to justify getting the aptasia eating nudibranchs, but using joes juice once every few months gets old.

I see these devices are getting more popular; maybe that’s because they work, or maybe it’s just because we are all tech nerds in this hobby.

Either way it got me thinking. I would love one, but would only use it a couple times a year. So the investment seems like a poor one. But if the club can circulate it around and share, maybe that would be a good investment for the club? I don’t know.

So, good idea, bad idea? Use the website to vote on the poll.

I have one and it works ok for the ones you can actually reach and touch. A file fish worked better for me. Maybe the club can buy mine :p

I have one I can lend. That being said I believe the this wand will do more harm than good especially in hands of inexperienced reefer who will just rattle the nem, stress it, not collect every single fragment and get it out of the system.
If done this way the wand will cause more nems guaranteed.
As I said I have one I can lend to users and can even donate one extra to the club if users would like one in the club.

I have one. I bought it out of interest as I was trying everything the in the Aiptasia control roster.

The main problem is that it just doesn’t work very well to kill the Aiptasia unless you can methodically get at every cell of the anemone, including the foot (usually buried in a crevice). Also it is very slow to work. What everyone said about potentially making the problem worse is also of course true, but can equally be said I think for every measure of control except Berghia and clean removals from sand or glass.

now the aiptasia laser on the other hand... that works... just gotta wear eye goggles and prevent bounce off and reflections, which can burn and blind.

soldering iron is my weapon of choice... or filefish.

Hey team - anyone in SF have this in SF so i can borrow?

I have a bunch of ugly zoas + green mushrooms that are legit taking over my nano.

Would love to use this to even out the balance and get some of the mushrooms off my rock. Will post pics, but the mushrooms have started to sting some of the hard coral, and are outcompeting utter chaos zoas, etc.

Back