Cali Kid Corals

cookin' clam chowder tonight

I think fridya is going to be hot pastrami sandwiches or maybe bacon, egg, cheese, grilled onions and jalapenos on a grilled sourdoug roll :) MMmmmmmm

Ok dude call me if you need help ... hahahaha . Ian needs recommendations on what else to eat with his clam chowder!! look what you started Jeremy.. :)

Man, I largely ignored this thread because I detest most all seafood, yeah I know sacrilegious but I just can't get by the smell, and the thread ended up talking about fecal strains of bacteria?? Man oh man some of you guys know way too much for your own good...

Although that sandwich sounds tasty (minus the spicy stuff... sorry I'm really a food wuss)... not to mention the sour dough roll.. mmmm g/f hates it... so anything sour dough goes to me!

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4913.msg60122#msg60122 date=1224633781]
.. I detest most all seafood, ..

[/quote]
Might be a good thing cause they are expensive LOL .. I love seafood.. Oh wait I love all most everything :D .. Everything but Indian's food ..

I'm in for all foods but soft cookies!!!!! Soft out of the oven is fine.. Chewy out of the oven is fine.. Soft after 2 days is not OK :) LIke chewy chips ahoy now those are just wrong.... I eat way too much raw seafood.. Occasionally I get worried :) Ian is the worst.. Don't let him order for your parties :) Everyone will end up in a food coma!!

It goes something like this...

Doug: So how many dozen do you want for saturday?
Ian: "Well there are 6 of us so like 8 dozen shooters and 20lbs of half shell clams"

I'm in the middle of making Jeremy's recipe right now! The real test will be "does the wife like it?" She generally doesn't like seafood, but sometimes there is a surprise and she likes it.

Passed my ultimate test: the girlfriend loved it. Said it tasted a little like potato chowder vs clam chowder, but meh.

So now...how do you guys freeze it? Tupperware container or pour into gallon ziplocs and freeze a la homemade frozen fishfood.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=4913.msg60444#msg60444 date=1224732136]
Passed my ultimate test: the girlfriend loved it. Said it tasted a little like potato chowder vs clam chowder, but meh.

So now...how do you guys freeze it? Tupperware container or pour into gallon ziplocs and freeze a la homemade frozen fishfood.
[/quote]

I use Zepplocks (sorry couldn't help it), lay them flat and when their frozen stack them up.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4913.msg60484#msg60484 date=1224735005]
use plastic frag containers! zepplocks leak!
[/quote]

Only when he has to

Hmm, this is true. Those plastic containers I have for carrying frags around would be the right size for one serving....but thawing evenly would be a problem.

Back