Jestersix

cookin' clam chowder tonight

If it's in a soup container just grab the rim and put your thumbs on the bottom and push it out, if it is being stubborn thaw the soup around the sides with you hands by rubbing it like a geenie lantern, and try again.

Got home and made two batches (okay I was overzealous).

That is some bad ass soup. It got my Mom's approval! So not sitting down now to eat some. :D

Jeremys receipe - sorry minimal prep work goes a long way.

Since I seldom cook I never notices how freaking incredilbly dull the knives were - have to get them sharpened - couldn't cut through bacon for goodness sakes

tuberider said:
This is so easy a clam could cook it! Try it and you might be surprised ;)

Ingredients
4 slices thick-cut bacon (about 4 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 large Spanish onion , diced medium (about 2 cups)
2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
3 (6.5-ounce) cans minced clams
1 cup water
3 medium boiling potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), scrubbed and diced medium
1 large bay leaf
1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
Table salt and ground black pepper

Fry bacon in kettle over medium-low heat until fat renders and bacon crisps, 5 to 7 minutes. Add onion to bacon; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour; stir until lightly colored, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in bottled clam juice, reserved clam juice from clams, and water. Add potatoes, bay leaf, and thyme; simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Add clams, cream, parsley, salt (if necessary) and ground pepper to taste; bring to simmer. Remove from heat and serve.

Way better than any of the gloopy crap you get when you come out to the coast ;D
bumping some goodness. I think I'm going to have to make this again sometime soon!

I forgot I even wrote that up...

I just got back from Santa Barbara where I did a pizza tutorial for a small group of people, I guess it's time to post my notes here since it's just getting cool enough for people to want to fire their ovens up to full blast :D

You mean those cute little bivalves? :O
You EAT them :quest:
J: Do you just fatten them up in your tank then make a nice bath for them?????

See I usually buy a cheap Gigas clam let it grow in my tank, then I put it in a 10 gallon tank with multiple heaters(on of course) and let it cook. :D

Back