Kessil

COVID vaccine available

Yeah you really have to be proactive in searching out for appointments the whole "healthy CA" site that's supposed to alert you to appointments (supposedly) really doesn't do much of anything I've found.

I've already had both of my shots, and granted my "eligibility group" was quite a bit smaller, but still got to be a bit of a hassle as every place wanted you to make an account, and the fun stuff was they won't tell you if an appointment is available before you start entering in all your information to make a flipping account. Not sure if rules have changed, but you probably don't need to restrict yourself to your county

If anyone else is interested, I found City College was quite easy to book an appointment. It's drive-thru, and I was in-and-out after 30min (includes 15min observation time post-prick).

I've heard it's easier to just get appointments at local pharmacies (CVS or Walgreens) than signing up at any of the big list sites like myturn.ca.gov.

There are some federal sites too, that don't require you to live in that county (like the Oakland Colesium one).

Its not easy to get appointment down in South Bay. CVS, Walgreens all booked. The best source i found is the web site run by Santa Clara city itself, where i score the appointment. You have to be a resident of the city.

I checked again today, and all appointment slot is filled.

Gotta realize if you see an appointment get it, and don't worry about small things like "it's inconvenient" unless it's a super duper pain in the butt for you. Way back when (like last month!) saw a couple at the Oakland Coliseum and snatched those up for my wife and I (we were in the tier after doctors), I really didn't want to go over there from San Francisco, but City College ones weren't not open (didn't even see people giving shots there) and the couple no appt necessary ones I went by early in the morning had a line around the block before they even started doing vaccines. So fine a little drive is worth it in the long run.

The it turned out CVS had a glitch in their system, and was preventing people from getting appointments... unless you knew how to, next thing you know instead of driving across the bay we drove down to Serramonte and bingo bango shots for 2, and can we get a window seat please! :D But that was in a smaller group of people, educators, food industry, etc, now that the only requirement you need is to be over 16, getting appointments may be even more difficult, so I'd advise people snatch up appointments as they come up, and if you find something better you can always cancel the previous, it's not like the vaccines will go to waste at all

oakland colisium was real easy to get, but now with J & J on hold who knows. It was painless...i didnt even feel it.

I used an app called "Telegram." It's a freeware messenger software you can download in the app store. Just join the group "bayareavaccinenotifications" and you will get updates every 30 minutes of all available appointments in different counties. That's how I got an appointment for my wife and I for our first shots this week.
5RbwYn6v1f6O2i--xk7DBrxH1ABLCn7U3nehfsScnxm33LTT996xK0eyVfztmzkNSOdZZG8npHf5ioZlaXzpHUEhhXhtpqH9Tec3-smL75AUd2LHVNIbRvmzh3Q0YnulYroKB6VKx61DJfXAedJZ8XQ0BCKuIg2M8qFFrkBdtmFsrPX7wIHB7iM50qV6VKjr_QQhFvo_IZARb6KCDurfLCvqhcoXd6V15trEff_oPOStlOTD3iZYn6WcIT78_JjTRLKZpDrxKQeb39ZztI5bVp3hwabfH0HC1KArsa3Ml7KJhI8NFd0KvO-b030RtFf9_Pp2NOExXavvc3hNlvOAUOGdbKZPx_YUFuwFzPt9Gb5uOJ1NafxZgJBv1wC0B4XBxa1gmADtX4h85z9f4wjOD8G2oyz9AHrilpRHXBup8eUh8klHUX0cBUPsVJAzRtpYoKHjH8dUzAIBN-4Nr9VBmhhc_2Z9_e6UZSpASE5sYtOcGHxgSyyPlO6ASCfLJfcF9NSNVZ5I4g4tIR_tBRYcjncjvyVCS3KtBdQFmpDCRJ36NV5J9DouFzvPm8bQR3sknwk-eEC45H1PArTYgisUkl2t7I8fe0aRZoBLXtR1XzLLF9vwNhP10s97wAmGdKkzRMT8JwXSu1vxKoakpesffKUxa6zQFFgkxKYnb6QVL204Rn57HpABDUAaZW_QvA-gq4h7Mt6GBrnDb3qauHU=w662-h1432-no

Back