Our mission

DBTC ATL Sunset Monti

If anyone would like a frag of this I would try to make one, or more for the January meeting pick up. The base is brown so start it in low light and then condition to brighter for the good orange. Still a favorite of mine.

Steve try the frag of the setosa and if grows for you then I will cut another of this for you to grow.

Jose what does it look like? color? size, as in did it grow any or get smaller? Do the polyps open full?

It has spread out well in my tank. I must have guessed right for placement when I glued it down. I am learning corals are more like plants in a garden. I would always try three plants when I would get a new one and place each in a different place. If one grew well the first year then I moved the other two with it and they would all usually grow well after that.

Richard,

Yes it did grow and was loking nice. Then it got smaller and is about the size you gave it to me. The base is brown and the polyps do fully open and are green.

Jose
bluevoodoo

Now that I look at mine there is a section in the center that does not have polyps and is brown for lack of tissue. I had not noticed it because mine is rippled as it grows down the rock.

Back