Jestersix

DBTC - Bali shortcake

Coral description
Acropora latistella
Coral light, flow, and difficulty
Difficulty: Easy
Light: Moderate - 250par (w/ slight shading preferred)
Flow: Moderate
WYSIWYG:
20210303_222550.jpg

I have 1 frag available. Pick-up in Pacifica is preferred. Meet-up in Peninsula or South Bay can be arranged. http://barcode.bareefers.org/bc/shared/dd1abfdbc5853cfb9ade3a5228612cd9

Originally purchased online from Top Shelf Aquatics.
Great piece for warm-light lovers -- the contrasting pink hues will stand out much better. Whereas, in blue light, it's yellow fluorescence dominates the coral. I also prefer this piece to be in a slightly shaded region to bring out the richness of the pink body.

Conditions:
I need back-ups for this piece, so recipient agrees to have a frag available for me when needed.

Momma colony:
20210303_222456.jpg

Last edited:
Wow It survived the alk spike very nicely!
Nice job.
Did the frag do equally well?
Yeah, alk has been fluxing since swapping a couple T5's but has stabilized after balancing out the PAR by dropping intensity on the Radions.

I'm assuming the frag is doing well. I have faith in @NanoCrazed.

BTW, how's the fuzzy acro piece? The momma's nice and happy again.

The fuzzy acro was doing well and adjusting to the tank conditions. It even started growing. But last week I also had a sudden alk spike bc my ph controller on the calcium reactor decided to take a dump. The frag STN'd but after I adjusted the alk, the STN stopped. Currently I have two 3mm microfrags of it. It looks stable and will hopefully will start growing again.

The fuzzy acro was doing well and adjusting to the tank conditions. It even started growing. But last week I also had a sudden alk spike bc my ph controller on the calcium reactor decided to take a dump. The frag STN'd but after I adjusted the alk, the STN stopped. Currently I have two 3mm microfrags of it. It looks stable and will hopefully will start growing again.
Bummer...glad you saved some bits, tho'. Hope the rest of your tank is doing well.

Back