High Tide Aquatics

DBTC: Walt Disney

We are all just people man. No one person can speak for everyone else here. The club belongs to us all. Just because someone volunteers to be on the BOD for the benefit of everyone else here does not make their opinion automatically “correct” or unassailable or count more than anyone else’s. This is why I said my opinion doesn’t really matter here, because I’m just one person.
I get that Mike...no worries

I get that Mike...no worries
Well then it shouldn’t matter if Pablo is giving you his opinion because by definition that’s all it is. The fact he is a BOD doesn’t mean anything in context of this discussion. Even though by dedicating a ton of time to create barcode, which is in my opinion the single best and most important thing anyone has done for the club, besides @rygh updating the website itself, it doesn’t mean that his opinion speaks for the club, and he’s not trying to act like it does. Just like my opinion doesn’t matter here outside of it being one persons opinion.
I do see how him trying to understand why some people are getting upset by this is important tho, because I know his core motivation is to improve the program when and where possible. So the best thing we can all do here is speak openly and honestly with each other and try to understand everyone’s unique points of view. Not argue and say whinis right and who is wrong and get upset and go away from the program/club. That gets us nowhere (good).

I think the only opinion I posted here was about taking the ball home. And I dislike that behavior. Didn’t call anyone a name. But my questions are not being answered.

I understand now that sometimes contributors of high end pieces are sometimes offended by unsuitable recipients just clicking “get in line”. That, to me, should be an opportunity to educate them and teach them about sensitive corals - and steer them to better options.

Well then it shouldn’t matter if Pablo is giving you his opinion because by definition that’s all it is. The fact he is a BOD doesn’t mean anything in context of this discussion. Even though by dedicating a ton of time to create barcode, which is in my opinion the single best and most important thing anyone has done for the club, besides @rygh updating the website itself, it doesn’t mean the his opinion speaks for the club. Just like my opinion doesn’t matter here outside of it being one persons opinion.
I get it Mike, in a sense that I do not think this will go anywhere.

I want to understand these concerns so I can fix them. Is that wrong? I don’t want anyone to have a reason to quit. I want to help. But I’m not hearing concrete problems that I can solve, just hand waving and people calling it quits.

So I keep asking what the concerns are and why people are quitting. Why? Because I don’t know.

While some of this has happened in this specific DBTC, my issue with it is that there are a small handful of members who will ultimately abuse the program and just sign up for every DBTC possible simply because there is no real barrier to entry. Sure you can "agree" to the rules, but who really cares once you have the coral in hand? We've seen this happen before when someone is breaking down a tank and has decided to include DBTC corals as part of their sale. Except at that point, the argument was that it was the person breaking down the tank's choice, not abiding by DBTC rules that took precedence.

Really up to the individual originator though in terms of who they give it to. Personally when I do PIF or DBTC, I look for people who are selective and actively contribute before giving things to them so it doesn't personally leave a sour taste in my mouth...Everything else, I just offer discounted pricing and if you want it, great. If not, move right along

I want to understand these concerns so I can fix them. Is that wrong? I don’t want anyone to have a reason to quit. I want to help. But I’m not hearing concrete problems that I can solve, just hand waving and people calling it quits.

So I keep asking what the concerns are and why people are quitting. Why? Because I don’t know.
Lets take a specific example then. Here in this DBTC. What happened here where you have 2 people upset. 1 being the contributor and another being the potential recipient. What devolved here?

And also that Omar jumps in and says that he’s out of BAR DBTC because _______.
Did not jump bud.
This is the difference in opinion between someone with skin in the game and someone from the sidelines.

I contributed to the op and described that his frustration is not isolated to him.
Then since a BOD saying this is just free frags, if u like ur coral do not give it I announced that I will no longer add coral to DBTC..

I did not quit. I just no longer want to add my coral. No need to take offense in thats and say you do not like ppl who take the ball and leave (to me that's ridiculing me and hinting that am guilty here)..you can bring ur own ball and game will continue..

I can do that..right?

The other issue with this specific case is that the people that want the frag can’t seem to take no for an answer and somehow think they should get a frag regardless of what the originator said
To me the biggest issue is that the concerns are not being looked at as valid then we ask what can we do better.
Every time someone raise a concern it get diluted and closed. Thats why we never tried to act or ask what can we do better.
Instead the question is: what's the problem, whats the problem..

The other issue with this specific case is that the people that want the frag can’t seem to take no for an answer and somehow think they should get a frag regardless of what the originator said
I have encountered this more than once. It has bothered me, but literally only like only one person Or maybe two have ever taken it too far. Of course they’ve been about the higher end corals I’ve given out.

To me the biggest issue is that the concerns are not being looked at as valid then we ask what can we do better.
Every time someone raise a concern it get diluted and closed. Thats why we never tried to act or ask what can we do better.
I don’t understand this? Can you elaborate?

BS. I’m asking what the concerns are. I think that’s the exact opposite.

Back