Jestersix

December Meeting/Potluck - December 13

[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=5159.msg68430#msg68430 date=1228954950]
[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5159.msg68420#msg68420 date=1228954242]
[quote author=cwolfus link=topic=5159.msg68284#msg68284 date=1228937717]
The meeting this Saturday, 12/13/08 featuring Mitch Carl will be held at The Aquarium Showroom. Here is the google maps link.

Those participating in the potluck are encouraged to show up at 12:00. The meeting will begin, as usual, at 1pm.

We will have a raffle sponsored by Atlantis Aquarium, Aquatic Central, Aquatic Collection, and Dolphin Pet Village.
[/quote]

And Reef Nutrition :p
[/quote]

That's a great addition! Do I sense some macerated ovarian tissues in our future? :D

Thanks Gresham/Reef Nutrition.
[/quote]

I will arrange a drop off with Max since getting it to Ian at this point most likely isn't in the cards. If it doesn't pan out I'll donate to the next meeting.

Hope the brisket is ok. It only smoked for 12 hours. I like to go a little longer on those.

The smoke is a little light on this one too. I'll have to make another one, haha.

:D

Norm
The brisket was terrible ;D You'll definitely have to make another. Thanks for getting it to the potluck. Sorry you had to miss everything. The food was good and the speaker was informative and entertaining. Very good story teller.

Norm the Brisket was great, not much smoke to it, but it tasted good never the less.

Sorry Vince, I was kind of sugared out after I bit the head of the seahorse, well ok that's not true I had a piece of cake... then Steve gave me another piece of cake after the talk... and I took home two more sea horses... ugh :D

[/quote]

:( I am sad to heat that. I can't imagine what you and your boyfriend are going through. My best to all of you and I hope the DR's are wrong about how long he has :(
[/quote][quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5159.msg68419#msg68419 date=1228954221]
[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=5159.msg68402#msg68402 date=1228952251]
i cant make it guys.. my boyfriends dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and has until christmas to live, so unfortunately im going to have to miss the meeting (again). my apologies.
[/quote]

:( I am sad to heat that. I can't imagine what you and your boyfriend are going through. My best to all of you and I hope the DR's are wrong about how long he has :(
[/quote]

Thanks, Gresh, i hope so too, but were up in Oregon (snowing like crazy here! freezing!) now, and hes definitely not doing well, but appears to be in good spirits today, so we all feel better about that. its really sad, but theres nothing we can do but try and make him as comfortable as possible, so we seem to have that under control... but yeah, totally not going to be a good christmas, not to mention all my tanks look like @$$ right now, because im never there to take care of them. i can already see signs of stress, and so i think i actually might have to take a break from the hobby temporarily....

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5159.msg68425#msg68425 date=1228954534]
[quote author=ReeferGirl link=topic=5159.msg68402#msg68402 date=1228952251]
i cant make it guys.. my boyfriends dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and has until christmas to live, so unfortunately im going to have to miss the meeting (again). my apologies.
[/quote]
Yike.. Sorry to hear that girl :( ..
[/quote]

Thanks Phong.. I'll still try my best to stay in touch.

That meeting was fun and informative meeting. It was good hangin out with fellow reefers and got to associate name to faces. Max's place was a nice and the foods were awesome..

It was very fun indeed and the speaker did a great and entertaining presentation. Food was great and I also could put some new names to faces :)

Back